Speaking at the event, Director of the Representative Office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand in Vietnam Ratiwan Boonprakong introduced the "Phuket Sandbox" program which aims to prevent COVID-19 transmission between tourists and local residents.
From July 1 to August 29, the program welcomed over 25,800 visitors spending 450,806 nights and travelling to Phuket on 283 chartered flights, mostly from the U.S., U.K., Israel, France, Germany, United Arab Emirates and Switzerland.
Director of the Quang Ninh provincial Tourism Department Pham Ngoc Thuy suggested Thailand continue creating favorable conditions for Udon Thani province to effectively carry out an action plan within the framework of tourism cooperation in the heritage triangle of Vietnam's Ha Long Bay, Thailand's Ban Chiang and Laos' Luang Prabang, as well as help Quang Ninh's tourism sector explore opportunities and promote destinations.
He also proposed the two local tourism sectors establish an information sharing mechanism and study building a suitable tourism cooperation model.
Quang Ninh officially resumed its intra-provincial tourism from September 21 and plans to welcome back visitors from other localities without local transmissions within 14 days, in the last two months of this year. They are required to be fully vaccinated and take Realtime-PCR tests within 48 hours.
- Quang Ninh prepares for Ha Long Tourism Festival 2010
- Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam works with Quang Ninh province
- Quang Ninh opens tourism office in Jeju
- Hanoi - Hai Phong - Quang Ninh Cooperate to Develop Tourism
- Quang Ninh strives to eliminate all extremely disadvantaged communes by 2020
- Leader inspects Party building work in Quang Ninh province
- Quang Ninh publicizes prices of package tours
- Quang Ninh’s efforts pay off in improving competitiveness
- Quang Ninh girl invited to compete at Miss World 2013
- Rainstorms, flood wreak havoc in Quang Ninh province
- Quang Ninh gears up for economic zone discussion
- Quang Ninh seeks to draw more tourists
- Quang Ninh’s GRDP growth sets five-year record
- Prime Minister directs development measures for Quang Ninh
- CBRE keen on Quang Ninh property developments
- Quang Ninh to host travel forum
- Vinacomin to tackle Quang Ninh flood aftermath
- Quang Ninh’s strategy in agri sector to revolutionise locality
- Rainstorms, deluge wreak havoc in Quang Ninh province
- APEC dialogue on sustainable tourism opens in Quang Ninh
Quang Ninh, Phuket discuss post-pandemic tourism recovery have 357 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.