Vietnam and Russia agreed to strengthen cooperation in the post-pandemic period, facilitate trade, investment, and major projects in priority fields.
Russian President Vladimir Putin highlighted bilateral cooperation in the Covid-19 response and expressed his commitment to continue supporting Vietnam in this regard.
|State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the phone talk. Source: VNA|
Such was the outcome of a phone talk between Vietnam's State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin today [September 16].
For his part, State President Phuc said Vietnam gives priority to the long-standing friendship and comprehensive strategic partnership with Russia, expecting closer linkage in all spheres for mutual benefits.
Phuc expressed his thanks for Russian support to Vietnam during the pandemic, especially in vaccines and medical equipment, while calling for speeding up technology transfer in vaccine production for Vietnam.
At the phone talk, two leaders agreed to strengthen cooperation in the post-pandemic period to facilitate trade, investment, and the implementation of major projects in the fields of energy, oil, defense, and security.
Both leaders also discussed regional and international issues of shared concern, reaffirming the efforts to support each other in regional forums and address territorial disputes on the East Sea via peaceful means and international law, specifically the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
"Vietnam stands ready to serve as the bridge for Russia to expand cooperation with ASEAN and the Asia-Pacific region," Phuc stressed.
Phuc thanked the Russian Government for caring for the Vietnamese community in Russia during the difficult period and hoped further support would be given to them to return to normal life in the post-pandemic period.
On this occasion, Putin invited Phuc to visit Russia in his time of convenience. The Vietnam State President accepted the invitation, saying he looks forward to welcoming Putin in Vietnam soon.
- Precision ADM® Announces Health Canada Approval of CANSWAB™ in COVID-19 Fight
- Japan to give Mekong countries $115 mln for Covid-19 fight, sustainable development
- Vietnam aids Cuba's Covid-19 fight
- 20,000 made-in-Vietnam Covid-19 test kits exported
- Freeman prayed 'Please don't take me' during COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam supports Myanmar in COVID-19 fight
- Prompt response key to Vietnam’s success in COVID-19 fight: expert
- France to soon announce 'exceptional package' to boost India's COVID-19 fight: Envoy
- England cricket team honours four Indian-origin doctors for work during Covid-19 fight
- Bid to tarnish Kerala’s Covid-19 fight, says Pinarayi Vijayan after Nadda alleges fudged data
- Delhi shows positive trends in COVID-19 fight
- Japan and Mekong countries boost co-operation in COVID-19 fight
- Commentary: U.S. withdrawal from WHO undermines global COVID-19 fight
- Feature: Japanese teacher stands up for China's COVID-19 fight
- Japan provides aid to Việt Nam for COVID-19 fight
- US, China standoff ensnares WHO meeting on COVID-19 fight
- China pledges to supply COVID-19 vaccine to Africa free of charge
- Kejriwal holds video meet with Delhi MPs, says Covid-19 fight headed for success
- Scientists criticise 'worrying' plan to 'downgrade' SAGE's role in the Covid-19 fight and give the new Joint Biosecurity Centre a more prominent role
- France to soon announce ‘exceptional package’ to boost India’s COVID-19 fight: Envoy
Putin pledges to support Vietnam in Covid-19 fight have 498 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.