Hanoi (VNA) – The Presidium of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee and the sub-committee for mobilising social assistance under the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control on September 16 launched a programme calling for more support from people nationwide for the COVID-19 fight.
Do Van Chien, Chairman of the VFF Central Committee and head of the sub-committee, read a letter to launch the campaign.
The letter of appeal stated that at present, the pandemic still remains complicated, with social distancing order being applied in some places to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
There is a great number of people facing difficulties due to being in areas under lockdown and those losing their jobs and needing support, it added.
Meanwhile, the State’s resources are limited so it needs support of the whole society for the work, especially ensuring social security for the poor and vulnerable people, and funding the purchase of vaccines serving the nationwide COVID-19 immunisation programme, it noted.
Cadres, civil servants and public employees, members of the armed forces, entrepreneurs and enterprises of all economic sectors, international organisations, overseas Vietnamese, religious organisations, and people from all walks of life were called on to donate money, goods, medical supplies, and food for the drive.
After the launching ceremony, the sub-committee received donations and support registrations of cash and goods worth over 290 billion VND (nearly 12.7 million USD) in total by more than 30 organisations, businesses and individuals.
At the event, the sub-committee also officially launched an online donation system at http://vandongxahoi.mattran.org.vn./.
- SoulCalibur VI dev says community support helped fuel Season 2
- Razer Announce Their Panthera Evo Arcade Fight Stick for PS4
- ‘The Steps Challenge’ raises funds for autism community
- She should have never come home: the startup founder supporting Superhot
- NBA Live 19 Interview — Creative Director Addresses Annual Releases, Microtransactions, and New Features
- EA's Jacksonville Tribute -- Watch the Full Archive of the Madden 19 Livestream Here
- EA Gives a Start Time and More Details for Madden 19's Jacksonville Tribute Livestream on September 6
- For Honor dedicated servers launch February 19
- Madden NFL 19 Brings Several Improvements to the Table and Plays Well on PC
- EA looked at cross-platform support for FIFA 19
- 'Marvel Future Fight' Downloads Reach 10 Million In Two Weeks on iOS & Android
- FIFA 19 is Poised to Be the Most Fluid and Accurate Entry in the Series Yet
- Tech Support: Error Unknown Review
- Fifa 19 ePremier League sign-ups open – you can sign up to represent your favourite team TODAY
- Mod support was “essential” for Final Fantasy XV’s PC outing
- TF2 to add workshop support for Taunts
- EA cancels remaining Madden NFL 19 qualifier events following mass shooting
- Fifa 19 pros battle it out for their clubs to claim ePremier League title
- Oculus is picking a fight with developers and fans it has no chance of winning
- World of Warcraft community rallies for the creator of a beloved mod
Programme appeals for community support for COVID-19 fight have 491 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.