At the invitation of First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba Central Committee and Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel, President Nguyen Xuan Phuc will pay an official visit to Cuba from September 18 to 20.
Later, from September 21 to 24, the President will attend a general debate of the U.N. General Assembly's 76th session and hold a number of bilateral activities in the U.S.
He said Phuc's official visit to Cuba reflected Vietnam's policy of promoting relations with priority partners and traditional friends. It is an opportunity for Vietnam to affirm its solidarity and strong support for Cuba in a challenging period, Giang noted.
During the visit, Vietnamese and Cuban leaders will discuss to further close coordination and concretize important collaboration areas between the nations, and to deepen their solidarity in the new period.
At the U.N. general debate, Giang said, Vietnam will send a strong message to international friends about its image of a dynamic and innovative, development-yearning, and peace-loving country with active and responsible contribution to the common work of the United Nations and the international community.
According to him, this is also a chance for Vietnam to show its appreciation for U.N. member nations for their trust and high confidence in Vietnam as a non-permanent member of the U.N. Security Council (UNSC) for the 2020-2021 term. It also affirms Vietnam’s commitments and efforts to achieving more positive results at the U.N., UNSC, and U.N. mechanisms and organisations in the coming time, including its candidacy for the U.N. Human Rights Council (UNHRC) for the 2023-2025 tenure.
With the attendance, Vietnam will clearly demonstrate its desire to join other nations in tackling current urgent issues, especially the COVID-19 prevention and control.
While in the U.S., the President will meet many heads of states and partners to exchange measures on pandemic prevention and post-pandemic recovery. At the same time, he will work to promote the support and transfer of COVID-19 vaccines.
The President will met leading vaccine producers of the U.S., eyeing commitments to fastest delivery of number of COVID-19 vaccines, treatment drugs, and medical supplies for Vietnam as many as possible.
According to Giang, Phuc's bilateral activities in the U.S. will contribute significantly to boosting cooperation between Vietnam and the new U.S. administration and fostering the growth of the Vietnam – U.S. comprehensive partnership in line with the nations' common goals and benefits.
- America will stand by Europe ‘today and every day’ says Vice President Mike Pence to EU leaders
- What the diplomat expulsions tell us
- Vietnam seeks to pacify China as landmark U.S. carrier visit signals warming ties
- North Korea 'in talks' with US and Sweden as diplomacy gathers pace
- China's Xi Jinping seeks to win support in Vietnam amid ongoing maritime dispute
- Foreign lobbyists rush to register in shadow of Mueller probe
- UK braced for Russian response after diplomatic expulsions
- National news: UK braced for Russian response after diplomatic expulsions
- Pupils left in tears after Muslim teacher is frogmarched off US-bound plane in Iceland on school trip to New York
- Tehmina quietly off to US to repair frayed ties
- Pence announces 'toughest' US sanctions on North Korea
- Trouble brews for prime ministers escaping party meltdown at home
- Boris Johnson blames Vladimir Putin personally for Salisbury nerve agent attack
- Canadians believe India is snubbing their premier
- How China's Xi upstaged Trump as the 'world leader'
- US budget proposes $336m in civilian assistance, military aid to Pakistan
- Donald Trump tweets Kim Jong Un 'short and fat' jibe, offers East Asia mediation
- William urged to engage with issues during historic Middle East visit
- Kushner faces uphill task to smooth Trump bust-ups with Mexico
- Historic moment North Korea met South in truce village and agreed they WILL send athletes to Winter Olympics
President’s upcoming overseas trip highlights Vietnam’s foreign diplomacy: diplomat have 625 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.