President Phuc made the statement while receiving leaders of the U.S.'s leading energy enterprises on September 23 (local time), as part of his activities in New York to attend the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
Receiving leaders of Exxon Mobil Corporation (ExxonMobil), Phuc suggested the corporation continue to work with Vietnamese partners and authorities to develop projects that it is interested in.
The activities of major U.S. oil and gas companies, including Exxon Mobil, in Vietnam’s waters, especially in deep-water and high-potential areas, not only bring economic benefits to both sides, but also have important strategic significance, serving the two countries' common goal of contributing to the maintenance of peace, stability, cooperation and development in the region.
At his meeting with leading officials of NextDecade Corporation, the President stated that Vietnam wishes to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the U.S., contributing to the harmonious and sustainable development of two-way trade.
He welcomed NextDecade’s proposals in ensuring sustainable economic development, and suggested NextDecade consider expanding investment and business cooperation and providing solutions to reduce carbon dioxide emissions for production and business establishments in Vietnam.
Hosting leaders of Blackrock, a leading multinational investment management corporation, President Phuc welcomed Blackrock’s interest in investing in energy development in Vietnam, and suggested the company continue working with Binh Son Refinery and Petrochemical Company and relevant Vietnamese agencies to realize this idea.
As Blackrock has just established a climate fund with a priority to support developing markets to shift to clean energy, the Vietnamese leader shared that Vietnam advocates energy diversification and makes the most use of renewable energy sources. He asked Blackrock to study investment prospects in Vietnam.
- PM Nguyễn Xuân Phúc welcomes UK foreign minister
- President Pratibha Patil’s address to Parliament on the first day of the Budget session (full text)
- France leading European partner, reiterates Prime Minister Dung
- Prime Minister meets leading US firms
- President Triet holds talks with top Russian leaders
- Chinese firms keen on Vietnam market
- U.S. calls on Vietnam to direct private investment into infrastructure
- Prime Minister optimistic at conclusion of New York visit
- PM Dung meets with Kuwait leaders to boost Gulf relations
- French PM's visit reflects strength of bilateral ties
- Prime Minister Dung holds talks with Cambodian leader Hun Sen
- Leader eyes greater exports to S Korea
- Việt Nam, Belarus look to boost economic links
- Việt Nam wants healthy, sustainable relationship with China: PM
- Deputy PM: Việt Nam treasures strategic partnership with Germany
- Việt Nam, Netherlands to lift ties to comprehensive partnership
- PM calls for stronger relations with Norway
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 18
- Commentary: Post elections, it's full steam ahead on economic reform for Indonesia
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 28
President welcomes leading U.S. energy enterprises have 447 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.