Vietnam officially joined the UN on September 20, 1977, with co-operation between the country and the UN contributing to protecting and promoting national interests, especially maintaining and consolidating a peaceful, secure, and favourable environment for national development.
This collaboration has also helped boost the nation's intensive and extensive integration into the world, whilst improving its position and image within the international arena.
The country has dispatched a total of 243 officers to UN peacekeeping missions in South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Department of Peacekeeping Operations in New York, whilst deploying three level-2 field hospitals in South Sudan.
Furthermore, the UN also holds the nation in high regard in terms of its percentage of female personnel participating in peacekeeping operations, which stands at 12%.
The nation officially won election to become a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council (UNSC) for the 2020 to 2021 tenure after getting 192 votes out of the 193 UN members.
Since then, it has actively and proactively contributed to common activities of the UNSC, striving to promote bilateral ties alongside UNSC members, whilst simultaneously pushing forward its role as a non-permanent member of the UNSC and ASEAN Chair 2020.
During his stay in the US until September 24, President Phuc is scheduled to attend the opening ceremony of the UN General Assembly's 76th session, along with the Global COVID-19 Summit themed "Ending the Pandemic and Building Back Better."
Moving forward, he will hold bilateral meetings with leaders of countries on the sidelines of the General Assembly, receive and hold dialogues with leaders of several major groups and businesses of the US, whilst also visiting the headquarters of Pfizer Inc.
Moreover, the Vietnamese State leader will also meet with Vietnamese community representatives based in the US.
- Fantasy Sports Trade Association president ‘cautiously optimistic’ New York will legalize daily fantasy
- President of New York Public Library busted on drunk-driving charges
- Free & Cheap New York City: Where to go and what to do for the week of April 15, 2012
- Free & Cheap New York: Where to go and what to do around the city for the week of April 29, 2012
- 2013 Black History Month events in New York
- NEW YORK STORIES: How this hastily shot image of John Lennon became an enduring symbol of freedom
- Pope Francis arrives in New York City for historic visit
- ‘Caribbean Week in New York’ festivities ring with the sweet sound of success
- BLACK HISTORY MONTH 2015 : New York celebrates African-American culture and heritage with an abundance of events
- Obama, traffic woes arrive in New York for United Nations General Assembly
- Caribbean comedy king Oliver Samuels returning to New York for ‘Dolly House’ play on Oct. 4 and 5
- ‘Caribbean Wives of South Florida’ due for red carpet screening in New York
- New York hospitals, airports and 911 crews are all prepared to put end to Ebola outbreak before it starts: officials
- Live updates: President Obama arrives in New York City
- New York-based Caribbean-American Chamber of Commerce and Industry to honor Caribbean-American businesses
- Diplomatic superstars and heavyweight happenings bolster lineup for Caribbean Week in New York
- New York Today: Free and Cheap Events, 10/8/2011
- Immigrant and students groups beseech Gov. Cuomo to throw his support behind a DREAM Act for New York State
- Beatles' historic arrival in New York City 50 years ago gave Big Apple unforgettable lift
- CityStore turns to the New York City Municipal Archives and local artisans for useful and quirky holiday gifts
President Phuc arrives in New York for UNGA’s 76th session have 622 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.