According to a survey by the Covid-19 Resuscitation Hospital in HCM City, up to 67% of patients said they wanted to have psychological counseling.
|Psychologist Tri Thi Minh Thuy talks with a severe Covid-19 patient who has recovered from the disease and is about to be discharged from the hospital. Photo: Cho Ray Hospital.|
According to the survey, 20% of the patients suffered depression, 53.3% with anxiety disorder, and 16.7% with stress.
In particular, up to 66.7% patients who needed High Flow Nasal Cannula (HFNC) suffered from depression. Similarly, 66.7% patients who had to breathe oxygen through a mask or mechanical ventilator suffered from anxiety disorder.
As many as 67% of patients wanted psychological counseling during treatment and after being discharged from the hospital.
The hospital has invited psychologist Tri Thi Minh Thuy from the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Ho Chi Minh City, to survey and provide psychological treatment support for patients at the hospital.
“When they go to the hospital for Covid-19 treatment, patients have to be away from their families and fight the virus alone to survive so it’s easy to cause sadness and loss of appetite,” said Dr. Thuy.
“Seeing me, many patients remained still. I said if you agree to talk to me, please give me a sign. They understood what I was saying but did not do anything. I had to help them eat and drink, talk to them, give them a massage, then they began to open their hearts," she said.
After getting into contact with many severely ill Covid-19 patients, Dr. Thuy concluded that they suffered from anxiety, panic attacks, or depression. This is why they need a psychologist.
- Protecting Sleep in the Hospital, for Both Patients and Doctors
- Hospital Food You Can Get Excited About
- Will Ties To A Catholic Hospital System Tie Doctors’ Hands?
- Rockefeller University Hospital Reveals Doctor Sexually Abused Children For Decades
- First black face transplant patient waited six years after rejecting "too fair" donor skin
- NY Nurses Say A Strike Is Needed To Keep Patients Safe
- Reporters Uncover ‘Real Story’ Behind Chicago’s Gun-Death Stats, Black Flight From the City
- What is ransomware? Everything you need to know about one of the biggest menaces on the web
- He's a natural! New father Prince Harry comforts young patients at Oxford Children's Hospital and reveals he 'can't imagine life' without Archie - but admits the baby kept him up last night
- International Patients, Seeking Cures in the States
- Medicaid Expansion Boosts Hospital Bottom Lines — And Prices
- Making Smarter Decisions About Where To Recover After Hospitalization
- The Hospital’s Gift of Downtime
- City Council Asks Why NYC Is 'Tearing Families Apart' For Marijuana Use
- On Religion and Human Need
- Thousands of Ebola survivors are still in need of support
- Roanoke council approves spending plan for 2018-19 with stronger revenue projections
- Travolta Hospitalized With Critically Low E-Meter Reading
- 2019 Citroen 19_19 Concept @ Top Speed
- Tip leads to rescue of 19 dogs from Detroit home
Over 67% of Covid-19 patients at HCM City Covid-19 Resuscitation Hospital need psychological support have 471 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.