Lieutenant General To An Xo, the Ministry of Public Security’s spokesperson, said that more than 2,400 police officers contracted Covid-19, including six officers who died of Covid-19 while they were in duty in the fight against the pandemic.
On September 6, nearly 1,000 cadets and police officers went to the three southern provinces of Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Long An to help fight the epidemic.
Speaking at the Government press conference on Monday, Lieutenant General To An Xo said that since the 4th wave broke out (late April), the police force in the southern provinces have mobilized maximum manpower, with more than 100,000 officers, to participate in epidemic prevention on all fronts.
"Many officers have been working without rest for three months, working almost round the clock. Following the Prime Minister’s direction on mobilizing forces to support Ho Chi Minh City and the southern provinces to fight the epidemic, the Ministry of Public Security sent more than 5,000 officers, over 2,500 police school students and over 600 medical staff of the police agencies to the south,” Lieutenant General To An Xo said.
According to Mr. Xo, the Ministry of Public Security has identified “hidden” issues of security and social safety caused by the pandemic and has implemented prevention plans.
Lieutenant General To An Xo told VietNamNet on the sidelines of the press conference that in the fight against the epidemic, more than 2,400 police officers were infected with Covid-19, including six officers who died of the disease. Most of the officers have recovered, and some are being treated at hospitals of the Ministry of Public Security.
The People’s Security Academy and the People's Police Academy under the Ministry of Public Security on September 6 separately sent nearly 1,000 cadets and officers to support the three southern provinces of Dong Nai, Long An and Binh Duong to cope with COVID-19 outbreaks.
Director of the People’s Security Academy Le Van Thang announced that 300 cadets and officers were deployed to Dong Nai. They were equipped with necessary knowledge on pandemic and preventive measures and received at least one shots of vaccines.
Meanwhile, 50 cadets and officers of the People's Police Academy were deployed to Binh Duong Province and 150 others to Long An Province.
Major General Tran Minh Huong, Director of the People's Police Academy said that out of the cadets and officers, many already joined the supportive forces for Bac Ninh Province, which was the country’s biggest COVID-19 hotspot in May.
Dong Nai, Long An, and Binh Duong provinces are struggling with high COVID-19 infections, having recorded 28,549, 25,085, and 132,433 cases, respectively.
Since the fourth wave of COVID-19 resurgence, the Ministry of Public Security have sent thousands of cadets and officers to support southern localities to combat the pandemic.
Thu Hang – Hong Nhi
- Police officer is attacked with a hammer as man, 34, is arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Paul Richardson accuses police officer of racial profiling during traffic stop
- Chiefs players show solidarity with local police officers
- Shaq sworn in as police officer in South Florida
- Without Fanfare or Publicity, the Yankees Send Flowers to the Families of Fallen Police Officers
- Police officer fired after choking former NFL player Desmond Marrow in viral video
- The Latest: Police officer says he ID’d himself to Blake
- Boston police officer, MMA fighter appeals desk duty ruling
- Police officer killed near Kansas Speedway
- D.C. Sports Bar Forced to Apologize for Flying ‘Blue Lives Matter’ Flag for Gay Police Officer Meeting
- Former Oklahoma RB Roy Finch accused of assaulting police officer, arrested
- SMU will pay tribute to fallen police officers this week vs. TCU
- Trolley at Seattle Sounders parade injures bicycle police officer
- Police officer left dead after Athletic and Spartak Moscow fans clash in Bilbao
- Police officer uses his hat to make catch on foul ball, gives souvenir to kid
- Former MMA fighter found guilty of beating NY police officer
- BK Racing unveils paint scheme honoring Dallas police officers
- Former Major League pitcher becomes police officer
- Watch: Sarasota police officer fights back tears in emotional farewell
- WWE’s Triple H, Sami Zayn honor police officer injured in London Bridge terror attack
Over 2,400 police officers contract Covid-19 have 668 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.