The success in welcoming the first international visitors to Phu Quoc Island is expected to have a huge media impact.
In late May 2020, tourism experts proposed opening some islands in Vietnam such as Phu Quoc and Con Dao to international tourists but the proposal never launched. This time, the plan to welcome international visitors with vaccine passports to Phu Quoc Island in Kien Giang Province has been approved by the Prime Minister. The island is expected to have the first guests in October.
Duong Mai Lan, Director of Ascend Travel, says that this is a very good direction to quickly restore the tourism industry of Vietnam in general and Phu Quoc in particular. Opening the door for guests with a vaccine passport has been done by many countries and this is considered the only solution for the tourism industry at the moment.
Tran Quoc Vu, CEO of Vtravel Vietnam, General Secretary of the Tourism Association of Kien Giang Province, said that accepting the vaccine passport is the way for countries to reopen, restore aviation and tourism industries, and create a push to develop related service industries.
However, the localities open for international tourists must also achieve herd immunity, with at least 70% of local people receiving two doses of Covid-19 vaccine. Up to now, no locality in Vietnam, including Phu Quoc – which is allowed to welcome international arrivals in October – has achieved it.
Therefore, Nguyen Tran Hoang Phuong, Chairman of Golden Smile Travel, said that this is a golden time for Phu Quoc to accelerate vaccinations.
Nguyen Ngoc Toan, Director of Images Travel Company (specializing in serving European tourists), told VietNamNet that people who prefer resort tours are mainly Russian and Eastern European visitors. They often travel in November-December so it is suitable for Vietnam to begin welcoming foreign tourists in October or November.
Toan noted that this plan should be carried out as soon as possible. Initially, instead of organizing many flights a day, only 2-3 flights per week will be enough so that tourists will be served well.
He cited Thailand’s Sandbox program as a good example for Vietnam. When the first visitors arrived at Phuket airport, it was news on major global media outlets.
- Creating a new luxury travel trend on Phu Quoc
- Indian billionaire couple hold wedding party in Phu Quoc
- CNN Travel introduces best things to do in Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island
- Phu Quoc night market – a paradise for foodaholic
- Phu Quoc island welcomes over 72,500 tourists during five-day holiday
- Bun ken, a speciality of Phu Quoc Island
- More than 70,000 discounted tours offered at HCM City tourism festival
- India to cut red tape and issue visas on arrival in a bid to boost tourism
- Roadshow promotes Da Nang’s tourism in Thailand
- Phu Yen welcomes overseas interest
- Spurs owner Joe Lewis enjoys leisure time on Vietnam’s paradise island
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 26
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 27
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – October 26
- The environmental threat from spiritual tourism projects
- Hanoi to host travel and tourism summit in December
- Tourism projects in Vietnam’s northernmost province disregard state planning: ministry
- Tourism ministry plans promotions around GST rate cut for hotels
- Conference looks to bolster Vietnam-Taiwan tourism cooperation
- Brexit latest: Macron blames Brexit and Yellow Vests for hitting French tourism
October: The golden time for Phu Quoc tourism have 530 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.