|Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh ordered no more delays in the construction of the Eastern Cluster of the North-South Expressway|
The Deputy PM made the order at an online meeting on September 14 on the development of the Eastern Cluster of North-South Expressway with contractors, relevant ministries, the State Bank of Vietnam, as well as the 13 cities and provinces the project goes through.
He noted that more delays in the project construction would be acceptable. He asked local authorities to complete the site clearance in October 2021. Contractors will have to address sluggish construction while abiding by the rules on COVID-19 prevention and fight.
Cities and provinces, and relevant ministries are asked to create more favourable conditions for mining licensing procedures to ensure enough building materials for the project.
|The meeting focused on solving the problems related to site clearance and lack of building materials facing the project|
The Eastern Cluster of North-South Expressway comprises of 11 component projects, including eight funded by the state, and three public-private-partnership ones. Despite efforts, the project is facing some problems, with the two mainly being a lack of construction materials and site clearance.
According to the Deputy Minister of Transport, site clearance now meets 98.4 per cent of the total area. Thus far, 10 component projects have been kicked off. The remaining Cam Lam-Vinh Hao route is planned to start construction in October.
Currently, the barriers related to the licensing procedures for the mining of common building materials are yet to be solved. The project still lacks about 23 million cubic metres of land.
Duong Van Mau, deputy general director of Vinaconex, a contractor of the project, said that the company mobilised hundreds of equipment, technical staffs, and engineers to serve construction. However, due to a shortfall of building materials, it has to wait, causing losses and delaying the project. The contractor proposed local authorities to shorten mining licensing procedures to ensure enough building materials.
At the meeting, cities and provinces pledged to complete site clearance, and solve the barriers related to building materials, while working with relevant agencies on dealing with other problems.
By Bich Thuy
- North-South expy’s eight subprojects up for tender in September
- Delays, overruns and a £2.6bn bailout: How Crossrail came off the tracks
- Parking lots disappearing in ride-sharing era as downtown construction booms
- Construction kicks off on $175 million North Dallas seniors community
- Luxury Living in Miami Moves North
- Construction slows on massive Tacoma development as focus shifts away from apartments
- South Korean officials visit Fort Worth to take delivery of their first F-35 fighter jet
- North Texas passengers evacuated, flights delayed at Dallas Love Field
- China eases economic pressure on North Korea, undercutting the Trump admin
- Construction begins soon on new Reno indoor sports dome
- The Latest: South Carolina governor watches rescue mission
- The Latest: North Carolina hurricane warnings lifted
- Broadway Market upgrades move toward construction with new crab house planned in Fells Point
- Koreas agree to improve North's railways, but work must wait
- More delays coming at Staples Mill Amtrak station next week
- Hourigan Group goes after 'transformational' projects, including remaking a South Richmond industrial park
- Sempra announces delay in LNG project
- Obama Foundation delays presidential center groundbreaking until next year
- Analysts believe Australian residential construction is heading for its biggest fall since the GFC
- U.S. delays fourth-quarter GDP report after government shutdown
No more delays in construction schedule of Eastern Cluster of North-South Expressway have 534 words, post on vir.com.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.