Nha Trang Station
At a meeting between the Steering Committee on Urban Planning in Khanh Hoa and consultant and investor, Tuan Dung Trading Group, about urban planning in Nha Trang City from now until 2040, the local authorities agreed to relocate the train station out of the city centre. This is also part of the traffic network planning for smart city development.
Tuan Dung Trading Group asked the Ministry of Transport for permission to invest in a railway project to avoid central Nha Trang and build a new station under the build-transfer (BT) form. In return, it would receive the land fund of the existing station.
Tuan Dung proposed two plans. In the first plan, Nha Trang Station will have an upgrade and have a new passenger terminal while cargo facilities will be moved to Vinh Trung Station. A 36,400-square-metre land will be used to build a 30-storey apartment building, commercial centre, park and roads.
In the second plan, the construction will be converted into a museum and the rest of the land will be used for social and commercial real estate. Vinh Trung Station will be upgraded for both passenger and freight trains and the city centre will not have any railway.
Nguyen Van Loc, former director of Khanh Hoa Department of Construction, said he approved of the second plan. According to Loc, Nha Trang-Khanh Hoa is a major city on the South Central Coast but it has not paid enough attention to historical and cultural preservation. It has many entertainment activities but lacks major historical and cultural sites.
“Nha Trang Station was built in 1936 with its own unique architecture which is ranked only behind Da Lat Station. It has been a historical and cultural site in Nha Trang,” he said.
Nguyen Tan Tuan, chairman of Khanh Hoa People’s Committee said the local authorities and the Ministry of Transport had agreed to relocate the station out of the city centre. The old station would be converted into a museum.
“The station is located in the city centre. In front of it is October 23rd Park and nearby is Nha Trang Cathedral. In the future, a children’s palace will be built,” he said.
- A novel way to revive a downtown: Move it
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: The Kotaku Review
- What It's Like Growing Up As A Military Brat
- Software developer shortage hits Eastern Europe: Romania's plan to stay ahead in the game
- 6 Weeks With the Pregnant Refugees of Piraeus, Greece
- With Justice for All?
- The biggest switch: 5G and the race to replace the future
- 'Crowd Control,' part 4: When your parents give you life...and superpowers
- The Best Atlanta Tips From Our Readers
- How We Work, 2016: Alan Henry's Gear and Productivity Tricks
- The unlikely group putting the kibosh on cable TV: Parents
- CSIRO cuts jobs and closes sites in budget squeeze
- The Judge’s Code
- Batman: Arkham Knight: The Kotaku Re-Review
Nha Trang Train Station to relocated have 492 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.