During the trip, the Governments of Belgium and Slovakia donated 100,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine each and pledged to cede millions of doses more. Many organizations, businesses and individuals provided medical equipment and supplies, especially COVID-19 test kits, valued at over VND1 trillion.
In addition, Vietnamese expatriates in the Czech Republic and Austria donated VND365 million to support the COVID-19 fight in Ho Chi Minh City, the largest coronavirus hotspot in Vietnam, and the National COVID-19 Prevention Fund.
Addressing the hand-over ceremony at Noi Bai International Airport on September 12, Chairman of the National Assembly Committee for External Relations Vu Hai Ha said during the trip the NA delegation had taken advantage of talks and meetings with leaders of countries and organisations to promote Vietnam's vaccine diplomacy.
Leaders of the visiting countries and business organisations had voiced their support for the supply, sharing, and even transfer of vaccine production technology to Vietnam to help it soon bring the pandemic under control, reboot the economy and maintain global supply chains, he said.
NA Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue and his entourage made a week-long working trip to the European Union where they attended the fifth World Conference of Speakers of parliaments (WCSP5) in Austria from September 6-9. They also paid working visits to the European Parliament, Belgium and Finland from September 9-11.
- Facebook launches new tool to help you get health tests and screenings
- Samsung to donate $33m to MERS research
- Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher Donate $1 Million to Help Syrian Refugees
- Time to put chemical vaccines into the H1N1 game?
- With supermarkets donating food to poor families and soup kitchens, has Britain returned to the 1930s?
- Samsung donates 3,000 smartphones to help Ebola fight
- Drones, sun — and a strong will — elevate Rwanda's health care
- Organ donation 2.0: recycling pacemakers
- The Fight Against the Growing Dehumanization of Women in Brazil
- What killed Muhammad Ali?
- How one of the most obese countries on earth took on the soda giants
- Where to Give On Giving Tuesday
- The Paranoid Hypochondriac's Guide to the Ebola Outbreak
- You Can Thank Warren Buffett For Your IUD
- Your Guide to Trump's Very White, Very Rich, Very Frightening Cabinet
- Planned Parenthood Responds to Video Claiming It Sells Fetal Body Parts
- Labour's worst IT disasters
- Unicef Australia turns to cryptocurrency mining for fundraising
- From Miasma to Ebola: The History of Racist Moral Panic Over Disease
- iPad inertia: Does Apple's tablet have a future in Whitehall?
NA Chairman hands over foreign donated vaccines to Health Ministry have 450 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.