During a reception in Hanoi on September 17 for Cuban Ambassador to Vietnam Orlando Nicolas Hernandez Guillen, Dien wished that Cuba would continue tackling difficulties faced by Vietnamese firms when exporting to and investing in the Caribbean country.
He suggested that the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) and the Cuban Embassy in Vietnam should continue working closely together to bolster bilateral economic, trade and investment ties, so as to match long-standing political relations.
Both sides should further strive to help their business communities fully tap the Vietnam – Cuba trade agreement that took effect on April 1, 2020, the first of its kind that Cuba signed with an Asian nation.
The host proposed Cuba offer preferential policies to create favorable conditions for foreign enterprises and those from Vietnam in particular to invest in the country.
The Ambassador, for his part, emphasized Cuba's attention to boosting collaboration with Vietnam in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, which are strength of Cuba for many years.
He also wished to learn from Vietnam's experience in developing solar energy and using advanced technologies in industrial development.
According to the MoIT, the two countries enjoyed two-digit growth in import-export turnover during 2015-2018. Two-way trade reached 335.3 million USD in 2018, up 43 percent from 2017. Vietnam is investing in four projects worth 51 million USD in Cuba.
The MoIT's Department of European-American Markets reported that two-way trade hit 178.5 million USD last year. Of which, 175.6 million USD were Vietnam's exports, mostly rice, coffee, chemicals, apparel, footwear, computers and accessories, construction materials, ceramics, machinery and spare parts. Its imports were vaccines and pharmaceuticals.
- Leading law firm invests in Ashbourne office
- Blue Origin is 'going to the MOON': Jeff Bezos unveils lunar lander at mysterious invite-only event in Washington D.C. and suggests his firm will hit VP Pence's 2024 deadline for putting humans back on the surface
- Japanese enterprises encouraged to make long-term investment in Vietnam
- What does the Thomas Cook collapse mean for flights to Cuba?
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Faces Second Groping Charge
- Foreign firms keen to invest in wide range of sectors in Hanoi: Diplomats
- MetaCompliance: Tech firm creates 70 jobs in Londonderry
- RoK’s rural development group to invest in smart farming in Vietnam
- Hanoi’s investment climate in the eyes of foreign businesses
- Well-structured law to channel foreign investment into Vietnam’s infrastructure
- HCM City signs deal with Cuba on science-technology cooperation
- US imposes new Cuba travel restrictions including ban on cruises
- Obama and Raúl Castro thank pope for breakthrough in US-Cuba relations
- Revealed: Cameron and May lobbied Bahrain royals for Tory donor's oil firm
- Micro and small firms get R&D credit boost from Budget 2020
- Vietnam hopes for stronger economic links with UAE: minister
- Budget 2020: Ministers now fear carbon tax backlash
- Wrightbus collapse: Two bidders in talks to buy firm
- Wrightbus collapse: Two bidders in talks to buy Ballymena firm
- Budget 2020: Ibec requests support for firms facing Brexit
Minister suggests support for firms to invest in Cuba have 469 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.