Shares rebounded on Wednesday after a choppy session as the market's sentiment recovered. But foreign investors continued to net sell on both main exchanges, but the value was much smaller.
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), the VN-Index bounced back after falling for two consecutive sessions. The benchmark finished yesterday at 1,245.83 points, up 6.13 points, or 0.46 per cent.
It opened on a cautious note and ended lower in the morning trade.
The market's breadth was positive with 281 stocks climbing, while 147 stocks declined. However, the liquidity kept sliding. Of which investors poured VND19.19 trillion (US$844.87 million) into the southern market, equivalent to a trading volume of nearly 692.1 million shares.
The index's recovery was thanks to strong gains in some large-cap stocks, especially in the manufacturing sector. The VN30-Index posted a rise of 6.69 points, or 0.47 per cent, to 1,444.85 points.
Eighteen of the 30 biggest stocks in the VN30 basket rose yesterday, while ten stocks slid and two ended flat.
Masan Group (MSN) continued to be the market's leader with the maximum daily gain of 7 per cent. Other big manufacturing stocks that contributed to the gain were Hoa Phat Group (HPG), up 2.58 per cent, Hoa Sen Group (HSG), up 6.86 per cent, and Viet Nam Rubber Group (GVR), up 1.32 per cent.
It also received support from PetroVietnam Gas JSC (PVGas, GAS), Vinhomes (VHM), Petrolimex (PLX), PV POWER (POW) and Phu Nhuan Jewelry JSC (PNJ).
The index was still weighed by some stocks, including Vietcombank (VCB), Vietnam Airlines (HVN), Vinamilk (VNM) and Vingroup (VIC).
The HNX-Index on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX) also inched higher after dropping for three consecutive sessions. The index climbed 2.89 points, or 0.83 per cent, to 350.75 points.
During the session, over 171.5 million shares were traded on the market, worth nearly VND3.2 trillion.
Meanwhile, foreign investors still fled from the market as they net sold a total value of VND13.89 billion on both main exchanges. The amount was much lower than previous sessions.
Of which, they net sold a value of VND18.12 billion on HoSE, while net bought a value of VND4.23 billion on HNX.
The market's rebound went against the downtrend in the broader market. The Asian markets fell yesterday after weaker Chinese economic data. — VNS
- EMERGING MARKETS-Renewed trade hopes lift Latam stocks, Chile rate decision eyed
- Markets Right Now: Tech companies lead stocks broadly lower
- Stocks rebound as banks make gains
- Shares gain but large-caps vary
- VN stocks step down as confidence fades on lack of news
- VN stocks gain slower on caution
- Bumper IPOs bring grey market alive; strong listing seen for CSB
- What to buy at market peak? Top 10 stocks based on Warren Buffett's investment methodology
- VN stocks suffer a sudden drop in the afternoon
- FOREX-Dollar boosted by trade deal optimism, Swedish crown hits 4-month high
- Experts cautious on market after 3-month rally, but are bullish on these 8 stocks
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks rally on Chinese data boost, cautious trade optimism
- Strong US job growth highlights economy's resilience
- Experts say RBI may cut repo rate by 60-70 bps in 2020; 15 rate-sensitive stocks to bet on
- After Market: Total m-cap jumps Rs 7 lakh crore; losses of entire year recovered in a day
- Asian stocks show some life after bond yields shape up
- Experts say worst is over; bet on these 10 stocks for double-digit returns
- Stocks up with hopes that US-China trade deal still on track
- Despite a churn, quality still market’s favourite theme: Mahantesh Sabarad, SBICap Securities
- Records set, billions minted: It’ll be hard to top 2019 US stocks
Market recovers, boosted by strong gains in pillar stocks have 590 words, post on bizhub.vn at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.