Shares fell on Monday morning as rising selling pressure continued to weigh on the market.
On the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), the VN-Index lost 5.24 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 1,345.93 points. The market’s breadth was still negative with 313 stocks declining, while 91 stocks increased.
However the liquidity was higher than the last session. Accordingly, investors poured more than VND9.9 trillion (US$435.1 million) into the southern market, equivalent to a trading volume of 362.7 million shares.
The index’s downtrend was due to deep falls in many pillar stocks.
Meanwhile, the VN30-Index also posted a slight loss of 0.27 points, or 0.02 per cent, to 1,459.67 points. Thirteen of 30 biggest stocks in the VN30 basket rose this morning, while 14 stocks slid and three stocks stayed unchanged.
Mobile World Investment Corporation (MWG) had the biggest loss in the morning trade, down 2.38 per cent.
It was followed by Vietnam Rubber Group (GVR), Vinhomes (VHM) and Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VIB). All these stocks lost 0.63 – 2.4 per cent.
The index pared some losses thanks to gains in other large-cap stocks like Hoa Phat Group (HPG), Vietjet Aviation JSC (VJC) and Vingroup (VIC), up in a range of 0.34 – 3.2 per cent.
The HNX-Index on the Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX) also inched 2.5 points, or 0.7 per cent, lower to 357.13 points.
On the other hand, foreign investors still net sold on both two main exchanges this morning with a value of over VND264 billion. VNS
- Individual health market shows improvement but uncertainty remains, report finds
- Google's Motorola Loss Is Lenovo's Gain
- 10 winners from Week 4 in the NFL
- 49ers RT Mike McGlinchey out 4-6 weeks with knee injury
- If Facebook's IPO goes south, social, tech markets could take a hit
- EMC, Microsoft extend partnership on virtualization
- S&P says 2017 a 'one-time pricing correction' for ACA markets
- Brigham and Women's may extend buyout offer
- ‘The Exact Workout I Used to Get These Abs In 8 Weeks’
- 7-Day Workout Plan for a Personal Best and More Fat Loss
- 7-Day Guide to Simple Fat Loss
- Study: IBM and EDS lead Web hosting market
- A Case for Anticounterfeiting
- Will rising DRAM prices mean less memory?
- Dieting Devices that Work
- Your Eggs: Buy Sell Freeze?
- Too Much On Your Plate?
- Flip the Fat Switch
- Eat Sugar and Still Lose Weight
- Jets reportedly listening to offers on Nikolaj Ehlers
Market extends last week's losses have 372 words, post on bizhub.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.