Vientiane (VNA) – Laos logged a total of 467 new COVID-19 cases over the past 24 hours including 383 local transmissions, the highest ever daily tally since the pandemic broke out in the country.
The Lao Ministry of Health said Vientiane recorded 264 local COVID-19 cases, the highest daily infection ever recorded in the capital city.
Apart from Vientiane, infections were also reported in other localities like Champasak, Savannakhet, Khammuan and Luang Prabang.
As of September 18, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Laos reached 18,813 with 16 deaths.
Authorities in Vientiane have decided to tighten travel restrictions. Accordingly, those entering the city from other pandemic-hit provinces have to undergo 14-day quarantine.
Meanwhile, residents in Vientiane are not allowed to travel to provinces designated as level 2, unless they get permission from the authorities. Returning individuals must be quarantined for 14 days.
The Lao Ministry of Health has given the go ahead for students aged 17 to be vaccinated against COVID-19, to ensure their safety during the upcoming exams./.
- Vietnam`s trade turnover hits all-time high in May
- Campus placements at IIT-Madras touches all-time high
- British runner sets record time in World Marathon Challenge
- Houston real estate market hits all-time high
- Summer air travel to reach all-time high this year
- Dow, S&P 500 hit all-time highs in Wall Street rally
- Facebook shares hit all-time high despite data breach fallout
- Netflix hits all-time high as analysts tout subscriber growth
- Amazon just hit an all-time high as Prime Day kicks off (AMZN)
- Higher home, mortgage prices mean first-time buyers are paying 19 percent more each month
- Costco's Membership Renewal Rate Hits A Record High
- S&P 500 Hits Record-High 3,000 Points As Fed Signals Rate Cuts
- US Stock Market: S&P 500 At Five-Month High, But Banks Weigh After Results
- US Energy, Tech Stocks Up; Nasdaq 100 Sets Record
- Infographic: Amazon Posted Record Earnings For The Fourth Consecutive Quarter
- Even a quick power nap with your contacts in can raise risk of serious eye infection, new study finds
- Signs Of Toxic Shock Syndrome: Teen Dies Allegedly From Tampon Infection
- Emerging markets look sick. Will they infect Wall Street?
- L.A.-area house prices rise nearly 8% in May as Orange County’s price hits record high
- 35 million voter records from 19 states for sale on hacking forum
Laos records all-time high daily COVID-19 infections have 362 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.