Hanoi (VNA) – Laos has completely locked down four central districts in its capital city of Vientiane in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19, while Malaysia has planned to offer booster shots of COVID-19 vaccines to frontline forces and the elderly to increase their immunity.
The Lao Ministry of Health on September 19 confirmed 371 new infections in the past 24 hours, including 303 found in the community. The number of cases in Vientiane accounted for the lion's share of the daily caseload , at 225.
Travel, except for those with permissions, is banned in the capital's locked-down areas. Vientiane is also intensifying its pandemic prevention measures, including 14-day quarantine for people from other COVID-19 -hit localities and prohibition of traveling to localities with high level of pandemic situation.
Laos has so far logged 19,185 cases, including 16 deaths.
Meanwhile, Malaysia's administration of the booster shots to high-risk groups such as frontliners, the immunocompromised and the elderly with comorbidities will begin once the COVID-19 mass immunisation coverage has covered 80 percent of the adult population nationwide, Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said.
According to official statistics, as of September 18, 78.2 percent of Malaysia n adults completed their vaccinations.
Also on September 18, 15,549 new cases brought the country's tally to 2,082,876 ca. A total of 324 new fatalities were recorded, raising the country’s death toll to 23,067./.
- WHO: Drugmakers Should Prioritize Vaccines for Poor Nations, Not Booster Shots
- Don’t Try to MacGyver a COVID-19 Booster Shot
- WHO asks vaccine makers to prioritize doses for poor countries over booster shots
- U.S. Officials Push Back on Pfizer’s Request for Booster Shot Approval
- U.S. Officials Press Pfizer for More Evidence of Need for Booster Shot
- 'More Data Needed': US Pushback on Booster Shots as Israel Starts 3rd Pfizer Shots to Target Delta Variant
- Citing the Delta Variant, Pfizer Will Pursue Booster Shots and a New Vaccine
- Laos intensifies COVID-19 fight measures
- US health agencies will decide if COVID-19 booster shots are needed – not vaccine companies
- How COVID-19 booster shots could help in global fight against the virus
- Pfizer officials will meet with U.S. scientists about booster shots, which officials say aren’t necessary now.
- With the Delta Variant, Do I Need a Covid Booster Shot?
- Here’s Why You Probably Won't Need A Booster Shot Against The Delta Variant Anytime Soon
- Israel Approves Covid Booster Shot Amid Limited Evidence Of Fading Protection
- Fully Vaccinated Americans 'Do Not Need' a COVID Booster Shot Now, FDA and CDC Say
- Fauci says Pfizer head apologized for not giving 'heads up' on booster announcement
- Vietnam’s Dong Nai urges allocation of COVID-19 vaccine shots for local workers
- Biden meets with Pacific Rim leaders virtually to discuss economic way out of pandemic
- Coronavirus digest: BioNTech-Pfizer to seek approval for 3rd shot
- Malaysia to stop using Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine after supply ends: Health minister
Laos intensifies pandemic prevention in capital, Malaysia to give booster shots have 466 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.