HÀ NỘI — Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu on Tuesday announced additional COVID-19 vaccine donation to Việt Nam, according to a statement from the Japanese embassy in Hà Nội.
During a press briefing held today, the Japanese diplomat said Japan would send another 400,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines to Việt Nam.
This brings the total of vaccine donations from Japan to Việt Nam to 3.58 million doses, following the latest shipment of 80,000 doses that arrived on September 9.
The shipment would be delivered once preparations are finished.
The donation to Việt Nam is part of a slew of more support Japan's Asian partners – 300,000 more for Thailand, 100,000 for Brunei, and 500,000 for Taiwan.
To date, Japan has given out more than 23 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine produced in Japan to countries in South Asia and the Pacific islands, Motegi said.
Additionally, Japan has pledged US$1 billion and 30 million doses to the COVAX program, overseen by the GAVI alliance and the World Health Organisation.
Japan has fully vaccinated 50 per cent of its population according to government data on Monday.
The country has relied mainly on imported mRNA COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna for domestic inoculation, and opted to give away most of its supplies of the AstraZeneca shot (including ones made right in Japan), according to The Asahi Shimbun . — VNS
- Measles cases surged globally in 2017 due to gaps in vaccine coverage, health agencies say
- Japan Battles Worst Measles Outbreak in Years
- No, the measles vaccine is not worse than measles (column)
- Getting your child vaccinated is a gift to others
- Measles sickens 19 in Washington state. Portland Trail Blazers fans may have been exposed
- Will latest study on vaccines and autism change minds?
- Teen gets vaccinated despite parents' concerns: 'I was doing it for my safety and the safety of others'
- Parents were protesting compulsory vaccinations 150 years ago. Some are still angry
- Science being 'debunked:' Why are some countries making a vaccine U-turn?
- NJ upends how doctors get paid, so why do vaccination, C-section rates lag?
- 32 Valentine's Day Gifts From Walmart They'll Actually Love
- The Grub Street Gift Guide: What Our Editors Are Giving This Year
- 27 Little Gifts To Give Someone Who's Having A Hard Time
- 24 Food And Booze Subscription Boxes That Make Awesome Gifts
- Health officials: It’s not too late to get a flu vaccine
- Venezuelans receive vaccinations at border as Colombia works to prevent outbreak
- Philippine measles outbreak fed by distrust of vaccines – rooted in vaccination scandal
- Childhood Disease “Outbreaks” Include Vaccinated, Unvaccinated Children – Report
- Measles outbreak is bringing vaccine exemptions into spotlight
- Report: Sudden Cardiac Deaths in Children Linked to Vaccines
Japan to gift Việt Nam another 400,000 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine have 449 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.