homeless people , 336 were taken to Tan Dinh Mental Health Nursing Center and Chanh Phu Hoa Social Support Center located in Binh Duong Province, 479 to Binh Duc Social Support Center and Tan Hiep Social Support Center sited in Binh Phuoc Province, and the last 118 to HCMC Social Support Center or back to their original home.
During the latest Covid-19 outbreak in HCMC, social organizations have received 330 drug addicts with no stable accommodation. 575 drug addicts were forced by the court to compulsory rehabilitation facilities in the provinces of Binh Duong, Binh Phuoc, Dak Nong, and Dong Nai.
At present, social support centers are taking care of more than 12,600 drug addicts and 6,000 vagrants.
The People's Committees of all districts and Thu Duc City in HCMC are checking and documenting drug addicts, beggars and homeless people in their areas to send to available social support centers.
However, since many provinces now request that HCMC stop sending people out during the social distance period, the HCMC Social Support Center is facing temporary overloading state when it and its branches have to take care of a large number of drug addicts.
Therefore, the HCMC Department of Labors, War Invalids and Social Affairs proposed that HCMC People's Committee ask for direction from the Special Task Force under the Southern Branch of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control in sending drug addicts to suitable rehabilitation facilities or social support centers for timely and appropriate medical care and management.
By Manh Hoa – Translated by Vien Hong
- 'Terminally ill homeless people are dying on our streets. They deserve dignity like the rest of us'
- Homeless people lack bathrooms in Sacramento. Here's where they may get new facilities
- Homeless people get new bathroom in Sacramento. Public toilet near City Hall also possible
- How Southern California’s homeless people are faring in the heat wave
- There are hundreds of homeless people in Jackson. Don't make them invisible this holiday season.
- Volunteers count about 125 homeless people on Guam
- Judge gives mom 40 years after 2 kids die in car. People 'take better care of their pets'
- Voices: Care plan: The key to good care
- Homeless people, pets and others in need: Here's how to help this holiday season
- Greg Calhoun was one in a million in how he cared for people
- Moms who need mental health care the most aren't getting it
- Do skinny people get more wrinkles?
- This man cost Sacramento County more in one year than any other homeless person
- Maine Voices: We bear the cost of not supporting the people who need it
- Busting 3 common myths about homelessness
- Why districts spend millions to keep homeless students in place: ‘Changing schools is the last thing we want’
- Is America’s Health Care System a Fixer-Upper or a Teardown?
- 5 people who inspired us this year -- and the impact they continue to have
- How 4 teens from Southern California are helping kids with problems from homelessness to bullying
- The impact homelessness and the opioid crisis are having on San Francisco streets
HCMC takes good care of homeless people during Covid-19 pandemic have 526 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.