A child under four years old whose both parents died of the coronavirus will be granted VND900,000 a month while those over four years old will receive VND 540,000 per month,
A child is being treated in a hospital
According to the government's decree 20/2021, a child under four years old whose both parents died of the coronavirus will be granted VND900,000 a month while those over four years old will receive VND 540,000 per month, said Le Minh Tan, director of the municipal Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, yesterday.
He added that the number of children whose parents died of Covid-19 has currently risen to 252 including 7 orphans both parents succumbed to Covid-19 and 245 orphans whose one parent died of the disease.
Children will be eligible for allowance till they are 16. After 16 years old, if children continue pursuit of education in colleges, they will be eligible for social benefits till 22 years old. Additionally, they will be granted medical insurance cards.
The Director said as per the Children Law and the government's decrees 56/2017 and 20/2021, orphans whose both parents died of Covid-19 will be raised by aunts, uncles, adoptive parents, or social charity shelters.
Mr. Tan revealed according to the Department of Education and Training of Ho Chi Minh City's proposal, the municipal People’s Committee has approved to exempt students from tuition fees for the first semester of the 2021-2022 school year. The exemtpion is applied for students in public and non-public high schools in the city except for foreign-invested educational institutions.
Currently, more than 3,000 children infected with Covid-19 are being treated in the southern metropolis, Mr. Tan said. Regarding support for children with Covid-19, the city authorities will provide meals for people undergoing treatment and concentrated isolation including children with VND80,000 a person daily, according to the city People’s Council's decree 09.
Meanwhile, according to the Government's Resolution No. 68 and the Prime Minister's Decision No. 23, the city People’s Committee issued Official Letter No. 2512 dated July 28 on the implementation of a number of policies to support employees and employers affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Covid-19 infected children from low-income families will receive rice, noodle and dairy products after being discharged from hospitals. Children from poor or near-poor households, orphans of both parents, children of one diseased parent living with their live parent who is unable to work, and children with disabilities are exempt from other charges.
Fatherland front committees, associations, unions, women’s union, youth union have also offered many scholarship programs including the Nguyen Huu Tho and Nguyen Thi Scholarship Funds, Minh Khai, Young Talent to support disadvantaged children to overcome difficulties to continue pursuit of education, Mr. Le Minh Tan said.
Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Dao Ngoc Dung has also just issued Decision No. 1013 on supporting children of pregnant women infected with Covid-19 born from April 27 and December 31. Each is eligible for an allowance of VND1 million.
At the same time, orphans of diseased parents and disadvantaged children of one Covid-19 infected parent between April 27 and December 31 will be given VND2 million each. The National Fund For Vietnamese Children will cover all these allowances.
- 'Why keep us in the dark, why add more pain?' Harry Dunn's parents are furious as it emerges Foreign Office 'told police to delay telling them that US spy's wife Anne Sacoolas had fled the UK following tragic crash'
- 'I am afraid I could die here, the camp is very tense': British ISIS bride Shamima Begum, 19, tells of her fears in Syria after Turkish forces surged into the country
- Teens find circumventing Apple's parental controls is child's play
- Heart-broken fiancé, 35, marries his partner's CORPSE during her funeral to show his devotion to her after she died from breast cancer
- Kate Middleton left heartbroken and insisted on helping orphans in last night in Pakistan
- 'What sort of people can put others into a container and let them die?': Family of 'youngest death truck victim', 19, beg for her body to be returned home after they clubbed together to pay smugglers £8,000 for her new life in Britain
- Sixty British children are trapped in northern Syria after their parents broke out of ISIS camps amid chaos
- Harry Dunn's family will take legal action against the Foreign Office over death of their son, 19, in crash with US diplomat's wife who then skipped the country
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I can still hear Lady's puppies squealing as my mom boiled them to death.' Daughter of parents-of-15 reveals hell inside their 'house of horrors' - and her relief at escaping
- Student, 19, 'died of alcohol poisoning after playing rugby initiation drinking game involving beverages mixed by older players'
- The clever, attractive and physically healthy woman who is fighting for the right to die at 23 because she is plagued by mental health problems and crippling shyness
- 21 Parents Share The Time Their Kid Saw A Ghost, And Yeah, You're Not Sleeping Tonight
- Parents have a moral duty to give their children the MMR jab because skipping it endangers their lives, warns Health Secretary Matt Hancock
- Disabled girl, 12, who was left in NHS hospital until rigor mortis set in died after catalogue of failings by medical staff
- Stroke plunged my mother in the abyss of 'care'. A hospital where one shower a MONTH was the norm, carers who could hardly care less and loved ones driven to the brink by exhaustion and spiralling costs as described by a despairing daughter
- MMR: What every parent MUST know
- Vinnie Jones' daughter Kaley, 32, says her parents taught her the 'meaning of real love' as she reveals her plans to marry her own partner to honour her late mother Tanya
- Paris Hilton attends the memorial service for her late grandfather Barron with sister Nicky one month after his passing at age 91
- Former F1 champion Jody Scheckter reveals his daughter Ila, 21, has died of a 'suspected accidental overdose' after losing her battle with addiction - and says he's 'utterly heartbroken'
- Parents of holidaymaker Kirsty Maxwell, 27, who fell to her death from a 10th-floor Benidorm hotel balcony, appeal judge's decision to drop murder probe into five British men
HCMC gives monthly allowance to orphans whose parents die of Covid-19 have 1006 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.