According to the ministry’s report, 11,506 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 35 localities including HCM City (5,972), Binh Duong (4,013), Dong Nai (345), Long An (273), Kien Giang (180), Tien Giang (118), Tay Ninh (114), and An Giang (106). There were 15 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infection number showed an increase of 1,024 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 6,656 infections found in the community.
As of Friday evening, 663,232 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April, with some southern localities recording high infections such as HCM City (326,795), Binh Duong (173,086), Dong Nai (38,081), Long An (29,843), and Tien Giang (12,760). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 667,650. The country now stands 47th among 222 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On September 17, an additional 9,914 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 433,465.
On Friday evening, a further 212 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 16,425. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (166), Binh Duong (28), Long An (2), Tien Giang (2), Tay Ninh (2), Danang (2), Ca Mau (1), Khanh Hoa (1), Binh Thuan (1), Dong Thap (4), Can Tho (1), Binh Dinh (1), and Ba Ria – Vung Tau (1).
The country has so far conducted over 33.00 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 6.18 million people having received two doses.
- PM Phúc praises healthcare workers on duty in fight against COVID-19 pandemic during Tết
- Cases of COVID-19 in Vietnam rise to 194
- Airports nationwide on ‘highest alert’ following 30 new local COVID cases linked to HCM City airport
- Prime Minister requests purchasing COVID-19 vaccine in February
- Testing plays key role in controlling COVID-19: Health Minister
- Heading to COVID-19 hot spots, doctors welcome new year far from home
- PM asks for rapid COVID-19 vaccination distribution
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 9
- Two men fined for making inaccurate health declarations
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 16
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 8
- Viet Nam expects hospitality recovery in 2021: Savills
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 22 (Updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 23
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 24
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 25
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 26
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 1
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 3
HCM City still reports high number of Covid-19 infections have 394 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.