Health workers take samples for Covid-19 testing in Hanoi
According to the ministry’s report, 10,482 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 35 localities including HCM City (5,735), Binh Duong (2.998), Dong Nai (567), Long An (281), Kien Giang (198), An Giang (126), and Tien Giang (81). There were seven imported patients confirmed today.
The new infection number showed a fall of 101 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 6,537 infections found in the community.
As of Thursday evening, 651,726 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April, with some southern localities recording high infections such as HCM City (320,823), Binh Duong (169,073), Dong Nai (37,736), Long An (29,570), and Tien Giang (12,642). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 656,129. The country now stands 47th among 222 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On September 16, an additional 10,901 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 423,551.
On Thursday evening, a further 239 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 16,425. The deaths were reported in some localities including TPHCM (160), Binh Duong (46), Long An (10), Tien Giang (9), Nghe An (3), Kien Giang (3), Tay Ninh (2), Ben Tre (2), Thanh Hoa (1), Khanh Hoa (1), Ca Mau (1), and Hanoi (1). This was the lowest number of deaths recorded daily in the epicentre of HCM City in a month.
The country has so far conducted over 32.29 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 5.98 million people having received two doses.
- New school year in HCM City to start in early September
- Many 3-, 4-star hotels in HCM City on distress sale
- HCM City to provide second support package to businesses, speed up public fund disbursement
- Violators who enter city illegally may be sued by HCM City
- HCM City helping travel companies survive COVID-19
- HCM City works on plans to revive tourism
- HCM City sends medical staff to Da Nang
- Pune city reports 1,148 fresh Covid-19 positive cases, 48 deaths
- Vietnam reports one more death from Covid-19, six new cases
- HCM City promotes economic development amidst COVID-19
- The Latest: Pakistan reports fewest virus deaths since March
- Coronavirus: US reports highest number of Covid-19 deaths since May
- Nepal reports over 100 deaths from COVID-19
- City sees highest number of virus cases in 45 days
- Pune city reports 1,192 fresh positive Covid cases, 56 deaths
- Ireland reports largest number of daily coronavirus cases in over three months
- Pune city reports 1,581 fresh Covid-19 cases, 40 deaths on Saturday
- Jaya remains critical; hospital rejects reports of her death
- Coach Chung Hae-seung back to lead Ho Chi Minh City FC
- Vietnam reports another COVID-19 death, 20 new cases
HCM City reports lowerst number of deaths in a month have 459 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.