Grassroots officials in HCM City are scrambling to update to identify and list people requiring relief from the COVID-19 pandemic under a proposed VND10,000 billion (US$435 million) support package.
|Laid-off worker is receiving financial support. Photo dantri.com.vn. Photo dantri.com.vn|
The third support package is meant for laid-off workers, poor people and others severely affected by the pandemic, according to the city People's Committee.
They include relatives of laid-off workers, including parents, spouses and children, housewives and people who are unable to work.
More than 2.3 million workers ineligible for unemployment benefits or in the informal sector will also benefit.
During the 4th COVID-19 outbreak, in addition to the VND26,000 billion support package for the whole country, from the beginning of July, HCM City deployed its support packages with a total budget of nearly VND6,500 billion, that prioritises freelance workers and disadvantaged households.
In addition, the city also provided 14,000 tonnes of rice and more than 1.8 million welfare bags for the city's residents.
Household businesses and shopkeepers in traditional markets affected by the pandemic have respectively received assistance worth VND12 billion ($526,200) and VND26 billion ($1.13 million).
More than 2.5 million people have been affected by the social distancing orders, according to the city Department of Labour, Invalid and Social Affairs.
Source: Vietnam News
- Volkswagen's Workers May Pay The Price For Dieselgate
- Same Place, Different World
- The Pizza Party Where Everyone Got Fired
- Senator Says President Trump Suggested A 25-Cent-Per-Gallon Gas Tax Hike
- How one of the most obese countries on earth took on the soda giants
- Charlatans: The new wave of privacy profiteers
- Here Are the 10 Scariest, Most Bone-Chilling Stories You'll Read All Year
- Inspector Says GM Execs Received "Excessive" Pay While In TARP
- The Tango Police
- Lack Of Right To Work Law May Have Lost Illinois The Toyota-Mazda Factory 'Bidding War'
- The American business traveler’s guide to Europe on $5 a day (in smartphone charges)
- Never Sleep Again: Your Ten Best Stories of Absolute Terror
- Volkswagen Still Doesn't Have A Fix Approved For The Cheating Diesels
- Extremely Religious Restaurant Customers Are Frequently Memorable
- Hyundai Just Spent A Record $10 Billion For New Gangnam HQ Site
- Inside Volvo's self-driving car: Improving driver safety without the driver
- Can Windows 8.1 re-start Windows 8?
- Sand's End
- SMB Handbook
- The Summer I Spent Picking Up Hitchhikers On The Appalachian Trail
HCM City ready with 3rd COVID relief package for laid-off workers, poor have 370 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.