HÀ NỘI — The Hà Nội People's Committee has chosen a design for the Trần Hưng Đạo Bridge, which will cross the Hồng (Red) River.
The design is named "Xứ Đông Dương" (Indochina country), and was chosen from three proposed plans.
Experts from the committee said that the plan encapsulated the idea of connecting present and future, connecting historical landmarks in the south of the Red River with the central development area north of the river. The plan has a ‘classic’ look, which is a reminder of ancient beauty and features of a colourful and lively Indochina.
The project will have total length of about 5.5km. It covers Phan Chu Trinh and Chương Dương Độ wards of Hoàn Kiếm District, Bạch Đằng Ward of Hai Bà Trưng District, Long Biên, Bồ Đề and Gia Thụy wards of Long Biên District.
The construction work will start at the Trần Hưng Đạo-Trần Thánh Tông crossroads in Phan Chu Trinh Ward of Hoàn Kiếm District. It will end at the Nguyễn Văn Linh Road in Gia Thụy Ward, Long Biên District.
Trần Hưng Đạo Street was originally called ‘Boulevard Gambetta’ during the French colonial rule early last century, before it was named after a great Vietnamese general in the 13-14th century and still has to this day many buildings with colonial style architecture. The bridge is meant to connect this ‘old’ part of Hà Nội to the northern bank of the Hồng River.
The project will include different infrastructure such as water supply and drainage, trenches, tunnels, trees and lighting.
The bridge will be 31m wide.
The whole project is estimated to cost nearly VNĐ9 trillion (US$395.6 million) and is expected to be carried out between 2022-25 under the Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model. — VNS
- Willie Norris Has Some Words For Us
- How faceless heroes are enabling nation to tide over Covid crisis
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 31
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 24
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 4
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 3
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 2
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 9
- Overseas Vietnamese firms are suppliers of Vietnamese goods to foreign markets
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 23
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 5
- Maggie Nelson Wants to Redefine ‘Freedom’
- STORE Capital (STOR) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- All 11 Versions of the U.S.S. Enterprise, Ranked
- Farewell to Robin Miller – the best of all
- Teenage Aviator Aims to Be Youngest Woman to Circle the Globe Solo
Hà Nội picks design for $395m Trần Hưng Đạo Bridge have 459 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.