The event is jointly held by the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (Vietrade) under the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT), the Trade Office and the Vietnamese Embassy in Chile, and the Chilean Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam.
With the participation of more than 50 enterprises from the two countries, the conference aims to help Vietnamese enterprises step up exports to Chile.
Statistics by the MoIT reveal that by the end of August, the two-way trade reached 1.27 billion USD despite impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, with Vietnam's exports to Chile up 44 percent and imports, up 15 percent year-on-year.
Vietnam mainly ships phones, components, machinery, equipment, footwear, and garment-textiles to Chile, while importing seafood, fruit and production materials from the South American country.
Le Hoang Tai, deputy head of Vietrade, said the conference gave businesses of both countries an insight into each other’s markets, towards sustainable cooperation.
He said the Vietnamese Government has taken various measures to recover the economy like removing barriers in administrative procedures, promoting digitization, and creating optimal conditions for enterprises to join the global business network.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Chile Pham Truong Giang said since the Vietnam-Chile Free Trade Agreement took effect in 2014, the two-way trade has expanded rapidly.
The deal has enabled Vietnamese firms to access quality and affordable materials such as wood pulp and fish paste, and other products like salmon and champagne, he added.
Giang suggested Vietnamese enterprises increase exports to Vietnam in health care, fibers of all kinds, biodegradable bags, and ropes for salmon farming. Meanwhile, Chile should step up the export of sawed-timber and wood pulp to Vietnam.
There is still ample room for Vietnamese exporters in Chile – an open market with import tax among the lowest in the world, at below 2 percent, he said, adding that through Chile, Vietnamese enterprises could also expand their operation in other South American nations.
- EVFTA to sustainably boost Vietnam’s wood exports to EU
- Da Nang forum looks to boost Vietnam-Indonesia economic ties
- Vietnam posts trade surplus with other CPTPP members
- CPTPP to help bolster Vietnam-Mexico trade: Ambassador
- Vietnam, China seek to boost cooperation in trade, logistics
- Vietnamese, Chinese provinces boost ties in trade union activities
- Vietnam promotes trade, investment ties with Algerian province
- Vietnam promotes trade, investment cooperation with Algeria’s Constantine
- Vietnam-Argentina trade: Untapped potential
- Conference to promote Vietnam-Thailand trade
- China mulls measures to boost cross-border trade, investment
- Vietnam boosts trade ties with strategic partners
- Vietnam’s pepper sector targets sustainable development
- Product quality improvement key to boosting exports to China
- Party chief expects French enterprises to succeed in Vietnam
- Vietnam must improve quality of labour force for EVFTA
- CPTPP – latest demonstration of trade liberalisation in Asia-Pacific
- CEO of ITL Corporation: Vietnam will host two Air Logistics Hubs of Southeast Asia stature
- Korean investment flows set to rise further in Vietnam
- Vietnam vows to create optimal conditions for French firms: top legislator
FTAs boost Vietnam-Chile trade: conference have 462 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.