Vietnam receives 1.5 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by France and Italy through the COVAX dose-sharing mechanism on September 14
The handover ceremony was held on September 14 at the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Hanoi with the participation of Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs To Anh Dung, Deputy Minister of Health Tran Van Thuan, French Ambassador to Vietnam Nicolas Warnery, and representatives from the Italian Embassy in Vietnam, the WHO, and the UNICEF.
The donated vaccines, which will be provided through the COVAX dose-sharing mechanism, include 672,000 doses from France and 812,060 doses from Italy.
Addressing the event, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs To Anh Dung thanked both the French and Italian governments and people for their valuable support, particularly as Vietnam strives to speed up its vaccination campaign.
Many countries have continued to send vaccines to support Vietnam’s fight against Covid-19.
Papua New Guinea on September 10 sent 30,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Vietnam under a government-level agreement on vaccine transfer.
National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue, upon returning from the European trip on September 12, handed over 200,000 doses the AstraZeneca vaccine which were donated by the governments of Belgium and Slovakia to the Ministry of Health.
Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said on Tuesday they would donate an additional 400,000 AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses for Vietnam. Japan has donated approximately three million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to Vietnam, with the shipments arriving in June and July.
So far Vietnam has received nearly 11.73 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine through COVAX, according to UNICEF.
- Biggest ever cholera vaccine drive underway in Africa: UN
- Top 5 European Countries Influenza Vaccines Market 2018 Share, Trend, Segmentation and Forecast to 2022
- MEP: Europe must unlock the potential of combination vaccines
- Congo-Kinshasa: Ebola Vaccination Set to Start in DR Congo Amid Rising Number of Cases
- Ebola vaccine could be 'game-changer' in Congo
- WHO deploys vaccines to control Ebola outbreak
- DR Congo receives first doses of Ebola vaccine amid outbreak
- Man with 'golden arm' whose rare blood saved more than two million babies donates for final time
- Congo-Kinshasa: New Vaccine Might Be Game-Changer in Ebola Fight
- Should Vaccines be Mandatory for Children in the US?
- Congo to begin vaccinating against Ebola; 26 dead
- Ebola vaccinations to begin in rural areas of DR Congo amid efforts to contain outbreak
- ‘Ring Vaccinations’ Continue in Congo as Ebola Death Toll Rises
- Nigeria: Parents of Stabbed 19-Year-Old Girl Insist Killer Must Marry Her Corpse
- Congo Ebola outbreak kills 19 as hundreds come into contact with sick patients
- Angola Needs Four Million Dosages of Animal Vaccines
- Angola and World Bank Sign U.S$110 Million Health Agreement
- Congo-Kinshasa: As Congo Faces First Urban Ebola Outbreak, Experimental Vaccine Deployed
- Nigeria: Puzzling Delay in Releasing Chinese Rice Donation to IDPs
- Nigeria: 17 Nigerian Migrants Sue Italy for Returning Them to Libya
France and Italy donate 1.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam have 471 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.