The E.U. Today on September 6 posted an article titled "E.U. – Vietnam – Belgium relations: A new direction after the pandemic," which has positive assessments on cooperation prospects between the E.U. in general and Belgium in particular and Vietnam.
According to the author, the relationship between the E.U. and Vietnam has become a model of E.U. cooperation with Asian countries. Both sides have focused on promoting the implementation of the Comprehensive Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (PCA) which was signed in 2012 and which took effect on October 1, 2016, marking an important step forward in the Vietnam-E.U. relationship, thus creating a legal basis for bringing the bilateral relationship to a new stage of development with a large scope and deeper levels.
After a decade of relentless efforts, the E.U. – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the E.U. – Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA) were signed on June 30, 2019. The EVFTA officially took effect from August 1, 2020, thus opening a brighter and newer chapter in this bilateral cooperation relationship.
These agreements are expected to bring "golden" opportunities for the two sides to effectively exploit the potential of cooperation, promote trade, investment, sustainable development and contribute to promoting economic linkages, the article wrote.
The author said that Europe has the ability to promote stronger cooperation with Vietnam in tourism, education, logistics, agriculture, and high technology.
The E.U. is also positioned to promote the required Green Technology Transfer to Vietnam in the treatment of waste, water sources, management of seawater intrusion, and sea-level rise to enhance people’s lives in areas affected by climate changes such as the central region and the Mekong Delta.
It can also be a valuable partner in supporting Vietnam in sustainable energy development, governance, rule of law, and legislation. Vietnam is also still in need of development assistance for projects on developing green energy and improving the environment in a sustainable way in rural and mountainous areas.
Earlier, the Brussels Times of Belgium ran an article titled "E.U. – Vietnam relations reach new heights”, stressing that the visit of the new Chairman of the Vietnamese National Assembly is the first high-level visit to Europe by a Vietnamese leader after the elections to the Parliament.
The article reviewed the cooperation between Vietnam and the E.U. over the past 30 years, during which the legislative bodies of the two sides have played an important role.
The E.U. continues to consider Vietnam a leading partner in the region, while Vietnam has always positioned itself as a bridge between the E.U. and the Southeast Asian countries, it added.
- International media highlights Vietnam’s economic success in 2019
- Carles Puigdemont: Belgian judge suspends arrest warrant for Catalan leader
- Kyiv Protests Putin's Visit to Annexed Crimea
- These cities are officially the best in Europe: Which ones did you miss?
- France's Macron Needs His Visit With Trump to Go Well. Here's Why | Opinion
- Belgian Court Suspends Extradition Warrants Against 2 Ex-Catalan Leaders Puigdemont, Comin
- The 2010s Were the Best Decade For European Populism Yet
- Leader of Belgian Islamist Group Jailed for 12 Years
- HSBC warns of economic risks of UK pulling out of Europe
- Muslim Leader Slams Decline in Hate Crime Figures, Says Community Suffering after Berlin Attack
- Ex-President of the USSR Mikhail Gorbachev Visits His Foundation after Bout of Pneumonia
- Ukraine Opposition Leader Vows to Rally People from Abroad
- One of the world's youngest leaders returns in Austria after scandal brought his government down
- 'Ball in Europe's court' to rescue Ceta deal, says Canada trade minister
- Skripal Case, Brexit Chaos & Meghan Markle: Highlights of UK's 2018
- EU Leaders Discuss Brexit, Russia, Migration, Fake News at Council Summit - MPs
- European Commission 2019-2024: Who has been nominated for a top job by EU chief Von der Leyen?
- Crisis for Europe as trust hits record low
- Europe braces for major 'humanitarian crisis' in Greece after row over refugees
- Mini-summit on migration unlikely to heal European rifts
European media highlights Vietnamese N.A. leader’s visit to Europe, Belgium have 641 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.