At the event, leaders of the Tien Giang provincial People's Committee briefed the delegation on the province's task performance in pandemic control over the past time.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, the province has recorded over 12,205 infected cases, including 299 deaths. However, the pandemic has been gradually brought under control thanks to drastic preventive measures.
In particular, the province has adopted large-scale COVID-19 testing throughout the locality, imposed lock-down rules in residential areas related to infected cases, applied restrictions on free movement of the people to prevent the spread of the virus into the community, as well as mobilized relevant forces to assist COVID-19 front-line forces in high-risk areas.
Touring field hospitals for infectious diseases and COVID-19 treatment areas and hearing reports on COVID-19 prevention and control work in Tien Giang province, General Luong spoke highly of the province's great efforts in performing this task, contributing to containing the pandemic in the area.
In response to the complicated developments of the pandemic, Gen. Luong asked them to continue tightening preventive measures in the coming time while allocating sufficient medical supplies and equipment for hospitals and medical quarantine sites.
In addition, the province's government should ensure the quality of COVID-19 treatment, monitor, check and raise public awareness of the implementation of social distancing rules.
Also, the province should strictly carry out the Health Ministry's "5K" regulations to soon bring the people's life back to normal.
On this occasion, Gen. Luong handed over gifts from the Central Military Commission and Ministry of National Defense to the Tien Giang provincial Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
The gifts included two tons of dry rations, 1,000 boxes of instant noodles, 20,000 medical face masks, and others.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Strict COVID-19 preventive measures needed at markets
- Strict COVID-19 preventive measures needed at HCM City"s markets
- Strict COVID-19 preventive measures needed at HCM City's markets
- Standard Chartered Bank Vietnam supports COVID-19 prevention and relief efforts
- More medical supplies for the COVID-19 prevention force
- COVID-19 Prevention and Control Q&A for Pregnant Women
- Reopening: WHO harps on COVID-19 prevention plans
- Zambia sees improvement in adherence to COVID-19 preventive guidelines
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on August 28 morning, 12 in serious conditions
- Vietnam confirms no new COVID-19 cases, 28 recoveries on September 1
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on September 4 morning
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on June 4
- No new COVID-19 cases to report on August 30 morning
- Vietnam has no new COVID-19 case to report on August 30
- Health Officials Call On US Government to Reverse COVID-19 Test Guidelines
- No new COVID-19 cases reported on August 29 morning
- Vietnam confirms 35th COVID-19 death
- Reports: CDC Tells States to be Ready for COVID-19 Vaccines by Nov. 1
- CDC Tells US States to be Ready for COVID-19 Vaccines by Nov. 1
- US States Told to Prepare to Receive COVID-19 Vaccine by Nov. 1
Defense leader inspects COVID-19 prevention and control in Tien Giang have 465 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.