HÀ NỘI — A further 9,362 COVID-19 cases were reported in Việt Nam on Monday, bringing the national tally to 766,051 cases.
Another 174 COVID-19 deaths were also announced. The majority of these deaths were in HCM City, with 122 deaths. Total deaths now stand at 18,758. Việt Nam’s mortality rate is 0.4 per cent higher than the world's average, which stands at 2 per cent.
The Ministry of Health also announced there are currently more than 4,100 COVID-19 patients considered seriously ill. 29 of these are being treated with ECMO.
Of the new COVID-19 cases reported on Monday, 20 were imported while 9,342 cases were locally transmitted – a decrease of 669 cases compared to Sunday.
Among the new local infections, HCM City again recorded the highest with 4,134, followed by the southern provinces of Bình Dương (3,793) and Đồng Nai (616).
Other cases were found in Long An (190), An Giang (131), Tây Ninh (80), Kiên Giang (73), Tiền Giang (58), Cần Thơ (56), Hà Nam (54), Bình Thuận (32), Khánh Hòa (26), Bình Định (21), Quảng Bình (15), Đồng Tháp (14), Phú Yên (11), Ninh Thuận (9), Kon Tum (5), Cà Mau (4), Bắc Giang (4), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (4), Nghệ An (3), Quảng Ngãi (3), Quảng Trị (3), Vĩnh Long (3), Quảng Nam (3), Đắk Nông (3), Trà Vinh (2), Gia Lai (2), Bến Tre (2), Quảng Ninh (2), Bình Phước (1), Đà Nẵng (1), Thanh Hóa (1), Vĩnh Phúc (1) and Hà Nội (1).
In the last seven days, Việt Nam reported on average 10,035 cases daily.
Since late April, the caseload in Việt Nam has totalled 761,527. On Monday, 10,528 patients were given the all-clear.
Việt Nam has so far administered more than 39.23 million doses of vaccine. A total of nearly 8.3 million people in the country are now fully vaccinated. — VNS
- Utah's overdose deaths fall 12% despite nationwide surge
- Judge expected to render decision in Hackensack ex-cops case by fall
- New hope in cold case death of Mississippi billiards player
- 'Bitcoin Jesus' says investors should be ready in case bitcoin falls out of favor
- Crime Author Who Killed People and Used Own Murders to Write Novels Sentenced to Death
- 'It's just so hard to take in:' Deaths of 3 friends killed in Hampton Falls crash mourned
- Shock and sadness in death of 3 friends in Hampton Falls crash
- 27 Days: The Markeis McGlockton case, from shooting to arrest
- MS man, 74, crushed to death by lawnmower
- Will a Texas law that overturns convictions based on bad science save this death row inmate?
- Video figures in Penn State frat death preliminary hearing
- Piazza family's attorney weighs in on the latest decision in hazing death case
- Eden Prairie family sues city after falling tree kills woman
- New trial ordered in manslaughter case
- Sean Kirst: Scow rescue tribute brings together legendary Falls family
- Woman reels over death of pit bull after boyfriend shoots it during attack
- Chagrin Falls assisted living center made to look like small town gains national attention
- 2nd man pleads guilty to hazing in Penn St. frat death case
- This drug is turning Florida inmates into ‘zombies.’ It’s fueling a record death toll
- The Death Penalty Cases Before the Supreme Court Are a Prelude to a Legal Assault on the Constitutionality of Capital Punishment
COVID-19 cases and deaths fall on Monday have 550 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.