The donations include 800,000 doses of Vero Cell COVID-19 vaccine, an ECMO machine and other medical equipment, which will be sent to border provinces of Vietnam. It was the largest-ever aid Guangxi has provided to a foreign partner, showing its great support for Vietnamese neighbouring localities.
Ambassador of Vietnam to China Pham Sao Mai (L) receives donations of medical supplies from China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region to Vietnamese border provinces. (Photo: VNA)
Speaking at the ceremony, Vice Governor of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region Huang Junhua said the COVID-19 resurgence in Vietnam is of great concern to the region's Party, administration and people; and that Guangxi views challenges facing Vietnamese border provinces as its own obstacles and wants to provide maximum assistance to help the Vietnamese localities soon stamp out the outbreak. Accepting the donations on behalf of the Vietnamese provinces, Ambassador of Vietnam to China Pham Sao Mai thanked Guangxi for the gesture, saying it demonstrates the two countries' long-standing friendship and solidarity. He also expressed his belief that the recipients will effectively use the donated medical supplies to combat the coronavirus. The two officials later took the occasion to discuss ways to further step up win-win cooperation between Vietnam and Guangxi. Mai asked Guangxi to continue facilitating customs clearance of Vietnamese exports, particularly agricultural products and seasonal fruits, to China to prevent supply chain disruption; and urge competent Chinese authorities to give farm produce from Vietnam broader access to the Chinese market. The ambassador also requested the Chinese side to fully implement three legal documents regarding Vietnam-China land border and properly handle related issues to make it a border of peace, friendship, cooperation and development for the benefit of both peoples.
- Hanoi donates medical supplies to New York to aid in COVID-19 fight
- China honors female nurse sacrificing life to COVID-19 fight
- From AIDS to Covid-19: Trump's decades of spreading dangerous misinformation about disease outbreaks
- Indonesian President orders quick disbursement of budget for COVID-19 fight
- “Made-in-Vietnam” COVID-19 vaccine expected within nine months
- CJ Group donates vouchers to frontline workers in COVID-19 fight
- Standard Chartered Bank donates $200,000, masks for Viet Nam COVID-19 fight and relief efforts
- Israeli businesses keen to import medical supplies from Vietnam
- PM lauds media for contributions to COVID-19 fight
- Information sector contributes significantly to COVID-19 fight
- Hanh Phuc International Hospital joins hand in COVID-19 fight
- Remdesivir, Favipiravir antiviral drugs ‘no game changers’ in Covid-19 fight
- WHO lauds India's effort in COVID-19 fight, urges to focus on data management
- US gets almost all of the world's supply of key Covid-19 drug
- IFC offers Phu My Hung US$75 million to help business recover after Covid-19
- Gilead donates 1.5 million vials of breakthrough drug for COVID-19 patients
- German city appreciates Vietnamese firms’ support for COVID-19 fight
- WHO chief highlights China-Africa cooperation on COVID-19 fight
- Vietnam, Japan discuss COVID-19 fight, economic cooperation
- ASEAN, Russia enhance collaboration on COVID-19 fight
China’s Guangxi donates USD10 million worth of medical supplies to aid Vietnam’s COVID-19 fight have 496 words, post on dtinews.vn at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.