HÀ NỘI — The long-delayed Cát Linh – Hà Đông urban railway project needs an additional US$7.8 million for supervision and consulting costs, according to the Ministry of Transport.
In a recent document sent to the Ministry of Finance, the transport ministry said that the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract of the project could not be completed on schedule, causing delays and increasing the supervision and consulting cost by US$7.83 million.
The ministry also noted that the counterpart funds from Việt Nam are "very small" while the additional loan agreement of China totalled more than $26.4 million.
In April, the transport ministry requested the Export-Import Bank of China (China Eximbank) to consider and approve financing the supervision and consulting cost, but it was refused in August.
Funded by Chinese Official Development Aid (ODA), the total initial investment for the Cát Linh – Hà Đông urban railway project was VNĐ8.77 trillion ($381.3 million), which was then adjusted to more than VNĐ20 trillion ($886 million).
The project started in October 2011 and experienced several delays and cost overruns.
The progress of the railway project was on the agenda during a recent meeting between Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Phạm Bình Minh and Chinese State Councillor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi. At the meeting, Việt Nam asked China to proactively resolve issues and limitations in some cooperation projects including the Cát Linh – Hà Đông railway project.
The first metro line in Hà Nội will run from Cát Linh in the inner district of Ba Đình to the outlying district of Hà Đông.
The system is designed to have a main elevated line of more than 13km, 12 stations, and 13 trains. Each train, with a designed speed of up to 80km per hour, has four carriages capable of carrying more than 900 passengers. —VNS
- Cat Linh-Ha Dong railway to be put into commercial operation
- Cat Linh-Ha Dong urban railway to be handed over to Hanoi in May
- Cat Linh – Ha Dong metro line to begin commercial operation from May 1
- Cat Linh - Ha Dong urban railway trains to arrive every 6 minutes
- Cat Linh-Ha Dong urban railway needs additional 107 employees for operation
- Public complains Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro tickets are too expensive
- Hanoi to receive handover of Cat Linh - Ha Dong metro line
- Ministry asks for tightened security on Cat Linh- Ha Dong elevated railway
- Commercial operation of Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro line set for April 30
- Cat Linh-Ha Dong urban railway to be put into commercial operation on Reunification Day
- Delay of Hanoi urban railway project affects China’s image: Amb.
- Solving VN railways' construction deadlock
- Transport ministry starts handing over Cát Linh-Hà Đông Urban Railway project to Hà Nội authorities
- Transport Ministry starts to hand over long-stalled urban railway project to Hanoi
- Cross-border railway hopes remain stuck on the tracks
- Vietnam speeds up high-speed railway projects
- Safety on the line for railway system in stagnation crisis
- City- port connectivity projects need to be done soon
- Invercargill City Council to bring in extra $3.5m in rates revenue to balance budget
- Hanoi to take over metro operation in May
Cát Linh-Hà Đông railway needs extra $7.8m for supervision and consulting have 539 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.