He said the reopening of tourism should be done in two steps and the first is to open local tourism.
The second step is to allow international tourists vaccinated with the required doses to travel to Cambodia with only a seven-day quarantine.
During the quarantine, tourists who have been fully vaccinated would not be limited to only staying in the hotel, but could gradually travel within the area where they arrived according to the arrangements of the ministry or authorities, he added.
He asked the Council of Ministers as well as the Tourism Ministry to consider the issue.
Tourism accounted for 11.5 percent of Cambodia's gross domestic product before COVID-19 broke out, but the sector is being hit hard by the ongoing pandemic.
- Cambodia attracts 4.81 mln foreign tourists in first 9 months, up 10 pct
- The Angkor Wat alternative: exploring Cambodia’s forgotten ruins
- Cambodia, Malaysia sign deals to boost trade, investment, tourism
- Huế recognised as ASEAN clean tourist city
- A look at German tourism over the ages
- 'Tourism pollution': Japanese crackdown costs Airbnb $10m
- Uganda grapples with tourism vs. electricity
- Breakingviews - Chinese tourists’ reverse-Marco Polo is no fluke
- Quang Ninh has additional sea and island tourism site
- Turkey wants to be priority market, destination for Chinese investors, tourists
- With little fanfare and no Franco, Spain's Valley of the Fallen reopens
- Ninh Thuan’s vineyards attract tourists
- Baffling word in new Tourism Australia ad campaign causes confusion
- Tourism in India is set to scale greater heights
- We achieved a lot in culture and tourism sector ― Lai Mohammed
- Female Sex Tourism
- Chaos as Uluru reopened for final time to climbers before ban takes hold
- ‘Tourism kills neighbourhoods’: how do we save cities from the city break?
- This Kashmiri Pandit wants cinemas to reopen in the valley
- Most Korean Wave Tourists Are Middle-Age Japanese Women
Cambodia considers reopening tourism for vaccinated foreign tourists have 288 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.