Phnom Penh (VNA) – The ASEAN Regional Mine Action Centre (ARMAC) launched the Friends of ARMAC (FOA) group in both in-person and virtual forms on September 23, with the participation of about 120 delegates.
The FOA is an initiative raised by then Vietnamese Ambassador to Cambodia Vu Quang Minh when Vietnam assumed Chair of ARMAC Steering Committee 2020, with an aim to bolster the centre's image and prestige and attract more resources for its activities in the future.
More than 50 agencies, organisations and businesses have signed up to become friends of ARMAC, including those from Vietnam.
Addressing the launch ceremony held at the Embassy of Vietnam, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Cambodia Prak Sokhonn spoke highly of the idea to foster contributions to humanitarian aid in handling unexploded ordnances.
As a country that heavily suffered from consequences of war-time bombs, mines and explosive remnants of war (ERW), Vietnam appreciated ARMAC 's contributions for an ASEAN and a world free of bombs and mines, said Chargé d’affaires at the Vietnamese Embassy in Cambodia Lai Xuan Chien.
He added that Vietnam has called on its businesses to join in the centre's efforts.
ARMAC is a centre of excellence under the ASEAN Security Cooperation to encourage efforts to address landmines and ERW for interested ASEAN member states. Inaugurated on May 25, 2016, the centre aims to collectively tackle the humanitarian aspects of landmines and ERW through an integrated approach of experience sharing, skills training, and other capacity building activities.
Vietnam contributed 10,000 USD to the centre's activities in 2020./.
- Get stoked for next week’s release of LEGO DC Super-Villains by watching the launch trailer
- National Center on Sexual Exploitation Condemns Steam Adult Content Filter
- Fallout 76 dungeon The Burrows coming next week, in-game camera launch delayed
- The top 10 games from the group stages of the Season 4 World Championship
- Report: South Korea Developing New Pop Group Capable Of Reaching U.S.
- Elite’s Distant Worlds 2 expedition: Building a starbase in the center of the Milky Way
- Forward Theater joins groups around US for 1-day play about gun violence
- Conan Exiles Reinvents Itself for Launch
- Democratic Senator Gillibrand to launch 2020 White House bid
- The Future Is Free: Free-to-play takes center stage at E3 2013
- Disney Plus will launch November for less than $7 a month
- Domestic violence task force calls GamerGate a 'hate group' at congressional briefing
- Act of War: Direct Action Profile Preview - US Army Buildings and Units
- Act of War: Direct Action Profile Preview - Task Force Talon Buildings and Units
- SteamWatch – Game Developer Feuds With Several YouTubers And Threatens Legal Action
- Overwatch World Cup 2017's Group Stage Features The US And UK Teams This Weekend
- Total War Rome 2 Wrath Of Sparta Expansion Released: Buy New Campaign Now On Steam, Watch Launch Trailer Here [VIDEO]
- Pokemon GO Battle Raid Group Reported In Police Log
- Act of War: Direct Action Profile Preview - Consortium Buildings and Units
- Rainbow Six Siege content censored for China launch, angering fans
ASEAN Regional Mine Action Center launches FOA group have 492 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.