She made a suggestion during a working visit to the headquarters of Novartis Pharmaceutical Group in Basel city on September 15.
The ambassador valued Novartis’s activities in Vietnam and said she hoped that the group would pay attention to support the country in accessing vaccines and especially medicines to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Lutz Hegemann is Group Head of Corporate Affairs & Global Health, said although Novartis does not directly develop vaccine technology, it boasts advanced pharmaceutical production infrastructure. It is cooperating with Pfizer and BioNTech to produce mRNA vaccine at Novartis’ factories, contributing to speeding up the production and supply of this vaccine globally, he said.
In addition, it is accelerating research and production of drugs to treat COVID-19. Novartis has so far successfully produced many generic drugs to treat COVID-19, including those that are applying for a license for use in Vietnam.
To expand operations in Vietnam, in January last year, Novartis established Novartis Vietnam Co., Ltd., becoming one of the first multinational pharmaceutical groups in Vietnam to successfully transform from a representative office into a foreign-invested enterprise operating in the field of drug import. Novartis invested more than 6 million USD to set up necessary facilities for Novartis Vietnam Co., Ltd., including operating a GSP standard drug storage warehouse.
To support Vietnam in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the group has offered support packages for Vietnam with a total value of about 400,000 USD, she Rachel O’Neale, General Director of Novartis Vietnam.
The Novartis leader committed to accompanying and promoting cooperation in the new normal period to effectively control the pandemic and post-COVID-19 recovery.
- Miracles and medication: The new science of psychedelic drugs
- Live Coverage of Apple's March 2015 'Spring Forward' Event
- How the Amazon's lost tribes are turning Colombia's cocaine farmers into conservationists
- Cannabis policy: Too important to be left to the politicians?
- A Look at Healthcare Apparel and Lifestyle Company FIGS
- Exclusive: Pick-up artist used YouTube, PayPal to run business that covertly filmed sex
- The Long History of Leading From Behind
- The five ways Trump is making sure Obamacare will fail
- Democrats Stare Into the Abyss
- US intel warns China could dominate advanced technologies
- U.S. Counterintelligence center warns China could gain edge with developments in AI tech
Ambassador suggests Novartish push up cooperation in drugs research, production have 365 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.