HÀ NỘI — A batch of 852,480 doses of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by Germany to Việt Nam arrived in Hà Nội on Thursday.
This is part of the European country's commitment for 2.5 million doses as assistance towards Việt Nam's vaccination campaign.
The donation is supplied via COVAX Facility in close cooperation with UNICEF and WHO Việt Nam and the Government of Việt Nam.
"I am very happy about this delivery of German vaccines via COVAX. Germany stands with Việt Nam in fighting and overcoming the COVID-19 pandemic. We can only defeat the pandemic if it is brought under control everywhere. Therefore, Germany and the European Union support the COVAX vaccination campaign for fair and transparent access to COVID-19 vaccines worldwide," German Ambassador to Việt Nam Guido Hildner said in a statement on the occasion.
Kidong Park, United Nations Resident Coordinator ad interim and the World Health Organization (WHO) Representative in Việt Nam, said: "On behalf of the UN Family, we thank the Government and people of Germany for sharing with the Vietnamese people these life-saving vaccine doses sent through the COVAX Facility.
"Given the challenging pandemic situation in the country now, we continue to advocate for the Government to prioritise vaccination of health care workers and frontline workers, the elderly, people with co-morbidities and those who are at highest risk of severe diseases or deaths."
With the latest vaccine shipment, Việt Nam has received 12,578,110 doses of COVID-19 vaccines via the COVAX Facility (out of the initiative's 30-million-dose commitment in 2021).
The COVAX Facility is co-led by WHO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness and Innovations (CEPI), GAVI – the Vaccine Alliance, and UNICEF as a key delivery partner.
Việt Nam on Thursday has administered over 32 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, with nearly 6 million people fully vaccinated. — VNS
- Over 300 people join blood donation program at Saigon Times
- Vaccine delivery delays blamed as just half of elderly get flu jabs in Northern Ireland
- The 13 childhood vaccinations you need to know about
- These are the 13 vaccinations available for your child
- Armenia sends measles vaccine to Georgia to combat outbreak
- Year in review: The biggest stories from Germany in 2018
- Beating the heat: How Auckland Zoo's new arrivals are faring over summer
- Migrants pose no disease risk to settled population, report highlights
- On the run from the Nazis – trooper Gordon Lee’s Italian adventure
- Passengers, crew of December 21 Moscow-Yerevan Flight 4377 urged to seek medical attention as precaution amid measles detection
- My four-year-old’s tummy ache turned out to be stage 4 cancer – now we’re desperately fundraising to stop it coming back
- Traveler from Russia tests positive for measles in imported case
- Tributes after cancer expert dies
- The great British Brexit stockpile
- Brave four-year-old with nightly 'stomach ache' is diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer
- Girl, 4, who told mum she had 'tummy ache' is diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer
- The food and drink trends that need to go in 2019
- How a no-deal Brexit affects your plans to travel to Europe
- Inside Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, the Thai hotel beloved by travel writers and royalty
- Why this adorable little girl needs £200k for treatment in America
850,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated from Germany arrive in Việt Nam have 551 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.