HÀ NỘI — The cause of death of an 82-year-old man in the central province of Nghệ An after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine was not due to vaccine quality or inoculation procedures, local health authorities have announced.
On Tuesday afternoon, the professional council for serious complications during COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Nghệ An Province, led by the provincial health department's director Dương Đình Chính, held a meeting on the death of the elderly man on September 19 in Long Xá Commune, Hưng Nguyên District.
On the day, L.H.Y., underwent body temperature checks and medical screening, and he was deemed fit to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
However, just 30 minutes after the shot, he developed symptoms of a stroke. The health workers performed first aid and transported him to Nghệ An Friendship General Hospital in Vinh City, but he didn't survive.
At the meeting, after deliberating on reports from the vaccination site at Long Xá Commune and the emergency unit in charge of treating the man, as well as opinions from the council's experts and the province's epidemiologists, the council determined that the cause of death was a massive intraventricular haemorrhage – considered the most fatal form of stroke – due to hypertension, after receiving the first shot of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
It also noted that the quality of the vaccine or the administration procedures had nothing to do with this incident.
Dương Đình Chính said it’s coincidental and the man’s death was not vaccine-related. Knowing his own conditions, Y. had taken medicines before vaccination to keep his blood pressure in check, according to Chính. — VNS
- Mother holds vaccination drive at memorial for her 46-year-old son who died of Covid-19
- 80-year-old Singaporean woman dies from Covid-19 complications; fifth death in 7 days
- 80-year-old Singaporean woman dies from Covid-19; fifth death in seven days as 75 local cases are reported on Aug 7
- Man accidentally receives two COVID-19 vaccine shots minute apart in Vietnam
- 82-year-old Man Fights off Teen Carjacker in US, Viral Video Has Left Internet Impressed
- 206 people died of COVID-19 in Yadgir, official tells Minister
- 13-Year-Old Mississippi Girl Dies of COVID After Governor Tate Reeves Called Mask Guidance 'Foolish'
- US ‘failing’ battle on COVID-19–top health official
- 3rd Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine To Be Available Next Month
- North Texas Health Care Workers Protest COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
- Nearly five million residents in HCMC inoculated with Covid-19 vaccine
- Unvaccinated 86-year-old S’porean woman dies of Covid-19; 13th death in August
- Florida Church Held Vaccination Event After Six Members Died From COVID-19
- Covid-19 Vaccination Phase 2: On Day 1, 25 Lakh Register On Co-win, 102-Yr-Old Gets Jab. Know What Makes This Phase Special
- FDA authorizes additional Covid-19 vaccine doses for certain immunocompromised people
- Covid-19 vaccine boosters may be necessary at some point. Here's what you need to know
- A third dose of Covid-19 vaccine is now authorized for some. Here's what you need to know about boosters for all
- Covid-19 vaccine booster shots to be offered to all Americans beginning September 20, health officials say
- More children are being admitted to hospitals with Covid-19 as health systems struggle to deal with surge of new patients
- Nearly 1,500 health systems across the United States mandate Covid-19 vaccination
82-year-old man in Nghệ An died of stroke, not COVID-19 vaccine: Health official have 537 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.