The Ministry of Health recorded 11,521 coronavirus cases across Vietnam on Friday, in addition to 9,914 discharged patients and 212 fatalities.
Thirty-four provinces and cities reported 11,506 domestic cases whereas the country logged 15 separate imported infections, the health ministry said.
The ministry had registered 10,482 locally-infected patients on Thursday.
Over 6,600 of the latest domestic cases were found in the community, with the remaining detected in cordoned-off areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City documented 5,972 local infections, up by 237 patients from yesterday; Binh Duong Province 4,013, up by 1,015; Dong Nai Province 345, Long An Province 273, Kien Giang Province 180; Tien Giang Province 118; Hanoi 15; and Da Nang eight.
Vietnam has confirmed 663,232 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth – and worst – virus wave emerged in the country on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City tops the caseload with 326,795 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 173,086, Dong Nai Province with 38,081, Long An Province with 29,843, Tien Giang Province with 12,760, Dong Thap Province with 8,036, Khanh Hoa Province with 7,458, Da Nang with 4,854, Hanoi with 4,118, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 3,974.
By comparison, Vietnam detected a combined 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in the previous three waves.
The health ministry reported 9,914 recoveries on Friday, bringing the total to 433,465.
The toll has ascended to 16,637 deaths after the ministry documented 212 fatalities on the same day, including 166 in Ho Chi Minh City and 28 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has recorded 667,650 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered about 33 million vaccine doses, including 630,323 shots on Thursday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
Almost 6.2 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities aim to immunize at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- ASIAD 2018: Vietnam ready to face Japan
- Asanzo Vietnam found to have committed different violations
- Asanzo Vietnam accused of business violations
- Why Vietnam ranks eighth among top 20 countries to invest in
- Vietnam takes step forward in dealing with wildlife trafficking
- Vietnam tourism sector sets new record for foreign arrivals
- Indian pepper too hot to handle, loses out to cheap Vietnam stuff
- Vietnam hard-pressed to maintain high human capital index in long term
- Customs agency faces large-scale smuggling cases
- Vietnam seeks to boost cooperation with international NGOs
- Your Next iPhone Might Be Made in Vietnam. Thank the Trade War.
- Chinese-imported Volkswagen at Vietnam Motor Show featured nine-dash line
- Father, 53, and 19-year-old son who were accused of hurling racist and homophobic abuse at Brighton defender Gaetan Bong calling it 'banter, just football' walk free after prosecution case collapsed
- New strain of Strep A that is NINE TIMES more aggressive is 'behind the record-high number of cases of scarlet fever in England'
- 7 realistic use cases for VR we haven’t explored deeply yet
- Did the NFL Collude with Madden NFL 19 to Make Kaepernick's Name a Curse Word?
11,521 COVID-19 cases added to Vietnam’s tally have 489 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 17, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.