A woman from Phu Yen Province in south-central Vietnam has been in police custody after she was caught red-handed selling coronavirus test kits illicitly to a buyer.
Nguyen Thi Xuan Huong, 20, has been investigated after she was caught unlawfully delivering rapid COVID-19 test kits to her client at a local coach station, police of Phu Yen's Tuy Hoa City said on Friday.
The young woman failed to show police officers her business registration certificate or permit for trading in such medical equipment, or any other documents to prove the origin of the devices.
Police have seized from Huong 50 rapid antigen test kits made in South Korea.
Currently, such test kits are randomly offered for sale on social media for VND300,000-800,000 (US$35) each, depending on their origin, said Senior Lieutenant Colonel Nguyen Huu Son, Tuy Hoa police chief.
Amidst surging coronavirus infections in many provinces and cities, including Phu Yen, many people are seeking to buy COVID-19 test kits for early detection of infection, local police said.
However, people should not buy or use every coronavirus test kit they find on the market, for such medical devices need to be approved by health authorities, police advised.
- CFB AM: Oregon OC thanks Mariota by telling great fat-woman story
- Week 5 Fantasy Football Buy or Sell
- Giggs undecided over playing future; Rooney doubt for Cats test
- Millsap scores 19, Hawks hold off Nets 96-91 for 2-0 lead
- Lawyers for Winston’s accuser strongly refute extortion claim
- Garmin Fenix 3 Watch Review: The Smartwatch For Outdoor Athletes
- Aaron Hernandez murder case timeline
- Prosecutor in Kane case says accuser’s mom lied about bag
- Dying for Christianity: millions at risk amid rise in persecution across the globe
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- The Latest: Belgian minister can’t confirm main suspect died
- The Latest: Russia circulates UN resolution draft on IS
- The Latest: Interior Ministry condemns inter-faith violence
- The Latest: UN resolutions to address Islamic State
- The Latest: Video of restaurant shooting posted online
- The Latest: France backs away from raid suicide bomber claim
- The Latest: Police ban public demonstrations in Paris
- The Latest: Moldova arrests 2 trying to head to France
- The Latest: Swedish police search for terror suspect
- The Latest: Paris prosecutor: Terror cell was ready to act
Woman held for illegally selling COVID-19 test kits in Vietnam have 377 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.