Chief of the VPN Rear Admiral Tran Thanh Nghiem, and Major General Luong Thanh Chuong, Deputy Director of the General Department of Defense Industry, as well as representatives of relevant units and the Damen Group (the Netherlands) were present at the ceremony.
The ship, the 927-Yet Kieu, has a displacement of 3,950 tons, a length of 93.11m, a maximum width of 15.99m, a height of 7.20m on the side, a maximum draught of 4.25m, and a maximum speed of 15.7 nautical miles per hour. It is equipped with a modern propulsion system and medical, lifesaving and rescue equipment.
Ship 927-Yet Kieu can also operate non-stop at sea for 30 days and nights and is able to withstand level-9 waves and level-12 winds. It also has an operation range of 4,000 nautical miles.
Factory Z189 started constructing the ship in the middle of 2018 and strictly followed the technological process under the close supervision of the investor, the Damen Group and the Lloyd's Register.
The Central Military Commission and Defense Ministry approved the construction plan of the ship so as to meet the urgent demand for submarine search and rescue missions as well as surveying, exploring underwater objects and performing other assigned tasks.
The successful construction of the 927-Yet Kieu has shown the ability of Vietnam’s defense industry to access and master modern shipbuilding technology, and meet all requirements of defense industry modernization, contributing to building a revolutionary, regular, elite, and increasingly-modern military.
Addressing the event, Rear Admiral Tran Thanh Nghiem hailed the factory's great efforts in constructing the vessel as scheduled. He also requested the crew-members to be active in training and soon master the ship's equipment while preserving and maintaining the ship in a good condition so as to fulfill all assigned missions in the coming time.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Blissful ignorance? Submariners likely unaware of coronavirus pandemic
- Blissful Ignorance? Submariners Likely Unaware of Pandemic
- Blissful ignorance? Submariners likely unaware of pandemic
- Deep underwater, submariners are likely unaware of pandemic roiling the world above
- Teddy Bridgewater's new start is the NFL's feel-good story
- Here's our list of paid software and services available for free during the pandemic from Microsoft, Facebook and more (updated daily)
- Here's our list of paid software and services given away for free during the pandemic by Microsoft, Facebook and more [updated daily]
- A List of Essential Workers That We Should Thank and Support During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- US Navy evacuates USS Roosevelt docked in Guam because of a coronavirus outbreak among the 5,000 crew while Pentagon admits warship captain could be punished for going public with letter pleading for help
- Why did Turkey, Iran, Malaysia speak on J&K?
- Booz Allen analyzed 200+ Russian hacking operations to better understand their tactics
- Russian pilot missing after military jet crashes into Black Sea
- Venezuelan Navy boat rams German cruise ship and sinks
- Venezuelan naval boat rams passenger cruise liner, damages itself, sinks
- Coronavirus hits defense contractor jobs
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 5
- The KGB Playbook for Turning Russians Worldwide Into Agents
VPN receives first multi-purpose submarine rescue vessel have 492 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.