The announcement was heard during a conference held by the General Staff of the Vietnam People's Army (VPA) on July 30 in Hanoi to roll out missions for August. Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Tan Cuong, Chief of the General Staff chaired the event.
Regarding its task performance in July, the General Staff has directed units throughout the military to strictly ensure combat readiness, recommended the higher levels to address arising situations, and work with relevant forces to ensure safety for important political events in the country.
Meanwhile, the Vietnam Border Guard Command maintained COVID-19 checkpoints along the borderlines while strictly managing and preventing illegal border crossings in the areas where they are stationed. Moreover, the General Staff also mobilized troops and vehicles to support localities, especially Ho Chi Minh City and southern provinces, in the fight against the pandemic and search and rescue missions.
Addressing the conference, General Cuong asked the General Staff's affiliated agencies to continue taking synchronous, comprehensive and drastic measures to successfully complete next month's tasks, focusing on maintaining combat readiness and embracing and strictly implementing all directives and instructions on COVID-19 prevention and control.
Importantly, military units should organize training for its troops, especially those who are participating in the upcoming 2021 Army Games, so as to gain the best results. Meanwhile, the General Staff should also make good preparations for the upcoming events in Vietnam.
In the coming time, units throughout the military should build plans for natural disaster prevention and control, and search and rescue missions, he concluded.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Analysis: Secrecy reigns as information requests almost always denied by Attorney General
- The Latest: Ashley Moody elected Florida’s attorney general
- Recruiting report: With visits wrapped up, Omaha Burke's Nick Henrich prepares to make decision
- Trump scrambles to fill chief of staff position
- Netanyahu Denies Ordering Phone Tap On Mossad, Army Chiefs
- Army Beats Navy for 3rd Straight Time and Trump at Game
- Top Interior Department Official In Email To Staff: 'Our Job Is To Protect The Secretary'
- Kingmaker once more, Algeria's army confronts demand for real change
- Iranian Army General: Iran’s ‘Moral and Combat Capabilities’ Too Much for U.S.
- Philippines: Communist Guerrillas Abduct Soldiers from Army Base
- General Motors Closing Canadian Plant Ahead of Broad Restructuring, Source Says
- President Trump floats closing southern border over wall funding in a ‘profit making operation’
- Kavanaugh email shows offer to prepare attorney general on attorney-client monitoring issue
- Before Hurricane Florence hits, here’s how NC leaders are preparing to handle the damage
- ‘You can’t make enough with minimum wage’: What does it take to get by in Missouri?
- F-bombs and a storm-out among Trump's top staff as tensions rise over border policies
- Football games have 11 minutes of action
- National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) Requests Public Comment on Use of Alternative Capital for Credit Unions
- Kavanaugh email shows offer to prepare ex-AG Ashcroft on attorney-client monitoring issue
- Attorney General William Barr to release redacted Mueller report 'within a week'
VPA’s General Staff requested to make good preparations for 2021 Army Games have 486 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.