The director of the Department of Tourism and the deputy head of the taxation agency in Vietnam's south-central Binh Dinh Province were among four direct contacts of a coronavirus-infected worker at a golf course as they played the sport despite a local ban.
T.T.Q., a worker at FLC Quy Nhon golf course in Quy Nhon City, Binh Dinh, tested positive for the coronavirus on Tuesday, the city's medical center announced on Wednesday.
Q. had come into direct contact with four guests at the golf course, including Nguyen Van Dung, director of the provincial Department of Tourism, Nguyen Cong Thanh, deputy head of the provincial taxman, Nguyen Huu Loc, a titanium mining entrepreneur, and Le Van Thao, from Phu Tai JSC, between July 31 and August 1.
All of those four golf players have tested negative for the virus and have been quarantined at home.
Binh Dinh Province has enforced social distancing measures, including banning golfing, under the prime minister's Directive No. 15 since 6:00 am August 1.
"It was completely wrong and against the province's pandemic prevention regulations for FLC Quy Nhon golf course to continue allowing guests to play golf at its facility," said Ngo Hoang Nam, chairman of Quy Nhon City.
Lam Hai Giang, Binh Dinh's deputy chairman, said the provincial People's Committee requested the Department of Health to handle the case according to regulations.
According to an announcement from the General Department of Taxation on Thursday morning, the Vietnamese tax governing body issued a decision to suspend Nguyen Cong Thanh from his duty at Binh Dinh's tax agency for 15 days, starting Wednesday, to review his responsibilities in implementing the COVID-19 prevention regulations in the locality.
Binh Dinh has documented 278 COVID-19 cases since the fourth wave emerged in Vietnam on April 27.
As of Thursday morning, the Southeast Asian country had documented 181,756 coronavirus cases, with 54,332 recoveries and 2,327 deaths, according to the health ministry.
- Omicron: What we know - and don't know - about the new COVID-19 variant
- Omicron-stricken South Africa may be a glimpse into the future of COVID-19
- COVID in Europe: Germany targets unvaccinated as Austria extends lockdown
- Coronavirus latest news: No 10 insists there are 'no plans' to make Covid vaccines mandatory
- Phu Quoc leads the way in tourism recovery
- Boris Johnson announces new restrictions on travel and face masks to slow omicron variant
- Omicron variant news – Having asthma, hay fever or eczema REDUCES risk of covid infection by a massive 40%, study finds
- Dr. Fauci: If You’re Vaccinated, You Don’t Have To Change Your Holiday Plans Due To Omicron Variant
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- ‘It Felt Like Deception’: An Elite N.Y.C. Hospital Charges Huge Virus Test Fees
- Inside a Sequencing Lab on the Front Lines of America’s Search for Omicron
- Lawrence wins 36-hole Joburg Open after 3rd round abandoned
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 28
- What will Vietnam do to cope with the Omicron variant?
- Google urges staff to cancel face-to-face meetings until 2022 and to limit them to no more than 15 people due to Omicron fears
- Omicron-stricken South Africa may be glimpse into the future
- Can you ever escape from the American prison system?
- Omicron may be driving S Africa's surge; wary world watches
- Coronavirus Forces China to Postpone Beijing Marathon
Vietnamese province’s tourism, taxation officials contact COVID-19 patient at golf course amidst restrictions have 556 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.