The Ministry of Health reported almost 8,600 locally-acquired COVID-19 infections in Vietnam on Sunday, along with more than 4,400 recoveries.
Forty provinces and cities logged 8,597 domestically-infected patients while another 23 cases were imported from abroad, the health ministry said.
More than 2,000 cases were detected in the community whereas the remainder were found in isolated areas or centralized quarantine facilities.
Ho Chi Minh City recorded 4,052 of the latest domestic infections, Binh Duong Province 2,179, Long An Province 569, Dong Nai Province 425, Khanh Hoa Province 298, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 184, Tay Ninh Province 102, and Can Tho City 100.
Since the fourth COVID-19 wave began in Vietnam on April 27, the country has detected 150,474 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities.
Ho Chi Minh City is on top with 94,295 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 16,858, Long An Province with 6,012, Bac Ninh Province with 5,735, Dong Nai Province with 4,551, Dong Thap Province with 3,187, and Tien Giang Province with 2,220.
By comparison, Vietnam confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
The health ministry documented 4,423 recoveries on Sunday, taking the total to 43,157 recovered patients.
The death toll has reached 1,306.
The Southeast Asian country has overall logged 152,044 domestic and 2,262 imported cases since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it on January 23, 2020.
Health workers gave 276,373 vaccine doses today.
Over 6.2 million jabs have been administered to medical workers, teachers, factory workers, elderly people, and other frontline staff since Vietnam rolled out inoculation on March 8.
Nearly 621,000 people have been fully vaccinated.
The Vietnamese government expects to obtain 175 million shots of various vaccines, including 51 million Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, by early 2022.
It set a target of immunizing two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Shedding her mask: Rekha Luther hopes to one day help others in recovery
- Couple left waiting nearly eight hours for breakdown recovery
- Lithium Americas Announces Preliminary Feasibility Study Results for the Thacker Pass Project
- A U.S. Officer Returns to Vietnam to Track an Enemy Spy
- Property rights could spell Vietnam Communist Party’s downfall
- What is fueling social unrest in Vietnam?
- Obituary: World War II veteran Solomon ‘Sol’ Schwartz forgave his Japanese captors despite nearly 4 years in a prison camp
- Plane search is now ‘recovery effort,’ East Hampton cops say
- How Disaster Recovery Overlooks the Poor
- KU to cut nearly 6 percent from every department on the Lawrence campus
- NCIS agents vow to solve "unsolvable" cold case and restore a sailor's honor
- This inflatable satellite could revolutionize disaster recovery
- New tenants announced for food hall at old Schmidt Brewery site in St. Paul
- DNA results stun in Calif. beach cold case
- 4,000 people who ate at Hardee's near airport at risk for hepatitis A, county says
- Jeff Davis 8 victim's brother announces new documentary project
- Family of cyclist killed by distracted LA County sheriff’s deputy gets nearly $12 million in settlement
- 'It's a bittersweet day for me and my family': brother of victim in 1992 cold case murder
- Hydro One and Avista file a Settlement Agreement in Idaho Merger Case
- Portland city manager recommends building new shelter near Westbrook line
Vietnam announces nearly 8,600 local coronavirus cases, over 4,400 recoveries have 518 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.