HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Health on Tuesday received 415,000 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine as donation from the British Government.
The vaccine was presented by David McNaught, political counsellor of the Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in Việt Nam, in a reception ceremony held at the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology in Hà Nội.
Representative of the Vietnamese health ministry said that over the past 50 years, co-operation between Việt Nam and the UK had been constantly expanded and developed, and the two had become important strategic partners to each other.
In the field of health, the two sides were implementing very effective joint activities through Government agencies, NGOs and other organisations focusing on areas such as epidemiology, tropical diseases, infectious diseases, digital health and human resource training.
The activities were providing valuable, meaningful and lasting contributions to the work of the Vietnamese healthcare industry.
The ministry thanked the UK Government for the vaccine, adding that it was a very valuable and timely gift in the prevention and control of COVID-19 and especially for the COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Việt Nam. Việt Nam was committed to effectively using the UK’s valuable vaccine support.
Currently, Việt Nam is implementing a large vaccination campaign, trying to speed up the rate of vaccination against COVID-19 with the goal of about 70 per cent of the population by the end of March next year.
Along with making efforts to access safe and effective supplies of COVID-19 vaccines, Việt Nam is also promoting research into domestically produced vaccines and pushing for technology transfers with its international partners. — VNS
- Việt Nam completes administering COVID-19 vaccine Nano Covax's first shots in 2nd-stage human trials
- Việt Nam to begin COVID-19 vaccinations on March 8: Health minister
- FDA Advisers Endorse Emergency Use For Johnson & Johnson’s One-Dose COVID-19 Vaccine
- One-dose COVID-19 vaccine offers solid protection against severe disease
- Online Traffic Jam As Second Doses Edge Out First Dose COVID-19 Vaccinations In Mass.
- Thai opposition figure says government aims to silence him on COVID-19 vaccine
- Johnson & Johnson's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine effective, safe: FDA analysis
- Adhere to Pfizer, Moderna two-dose COVID-19 vaccine regimen, Fauci says: report
- How the new one-dose COVID-19 vaccine compares to Pfizer and Moderna
- FDA authorizes one-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- Federal Government, UN System unite to ensure COVID-19 vaccine accessibility
- NZ Olympic team is waiting on Government approval to get '500-600' Covid-19 vaccines for Tokyo
- Gov. Cuomo: ‘I’m Not Going To Trust The Federal Government’s Opinion’ On Potential Approved COVID-19 Vaccine
- 74 volunteers receive made-in-Việt Nam COVID-19 vaccine in human trial's Phase II
- Maritime body wants sailors to get COVID-19 vaccines
- Tarrant County, UNT Health Science Center Reach $25M Deal To Expand Access To COVID-19 Vaccine
- South Florida Publix Pharmacies Now Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations As Johnson & Johnson Rolls Out Its New Vaccine
- Texas Walmarts, Sam’s Clubs To Administer COVID-19 Vaccine Starting Friday
- The Forum To Offer First COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Only Thursday Through Sunday
- Covina Transit Center To Serve As COVID-19 Vaccination Site Starting Monday
UK Government presents Việt Nam with 415,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have 593 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.