Hanoi (VNA) – Chairman of the State Administration Council of Myanmar Senior General Min Aung Hlaing has promised the organisation of new elections , while saying the government of Myanmar is ready to work with any s pecial envoy appointed the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Myanmar is ready to work on ASEAN cooperation within the ASEAN framework including the dialogue with the ASEAN Special Envoy in Myanmar, Min Aung Hlaing spoke in a televised address on August 1.
The 54th ASEAN Ministerial Meeting (AMM 54) is scheduled to open on August 2, during which foreign ministers will discuss the implementation of the five-point consensus to settle crisis in Myanmar.
At the ASEAN Leaders’ Meeting held in late April in Jakarta, ASEAN leaders reached consensus on five points on Myanmar situation: ending violence, conducting constructive dialogue among all parties, appointing a special ASEAN envoy to facilitate the dialogue, providing humanitarian assistance for Myanmar's people through the ASEAN Coordinating Centre for Humanitarian Assistance.
ASEAN has been leading the diplomatic effort on Myanmar since the Southeast Asian country fell into a political stalemate on February 1 after the military arrested government leaders, regional and state governors and senior members of the National League for Democracy (NLD) party./.
- Vietnam, Myanmar seek to foster all-around partnership
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets top leaders of Myanmar
- An important premise for Vietnam and Myanmar to boost bilateral relations
- Prime Minister concludes Myanmar visit
- PM Phuc meets with Speaker of the Union Assembly of Myanmar
- Myanmar State Counselor’s Vietnam visit to tighten bilateral ties
- Vietnam, Myanmar to spur comprehensive cooperative partnership
- Deputy FM: PM’s visit lifts Vietnam – Myanmar relationship
- Top Vietnamese legislator hosts Japanese, Myanmar guests
- Myanmar Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services visits Vietnam
- Top legislator hosts Commander-in-Chief of Myanmar Defence Services
- National Assembly Chairwoman hosts Myanmar State Counselor
- NA Chairwoman hosts reception for Commander-in-Chief of Myanmar Armed Forces
- Myanmar-Rohingya Talks Yield No Progress on Repatriation, Refugees Say
- Vietnam, Indonesia fortify bilateral cooperation
- TOI exclusive: Limitless possibilities for economic cooperation between us, says S Korea president
- Myanmar's ethnic state leader stresses role of news media
- US envoy in Ukraine set to leave after impeachment testimony
- Chinese envoy stresses political settlement for Syrian crisis
- Defense leaders receive Commander-in-Chief of Myanmar Armed Forces
Myanmar pledges to cooperate with ASEAN’s special envoy have 370 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.