At the event, Deputy Director General of the MIC's Department of Enterprise Management Nguyen Trong Duong said COVID-19 has changed the habit of people across the globe as more entrepreneurs and organisations use the internet to work and study, for entertainment and shopping.
The tendency leads to a hike in demand for delivery services, along with the development of logistical infrastructure and necessity of digital address.
In the framework of the National Digital Transformation Programme, the MIC is tasked with the development of the Vpostcode which aims to update information on any code and location nationwide.
It is also to create and search for digital addresses, show direction on map, and store and share user's information, among others.
In the coming time, the MIC will build a digital address database as well as a national digital map, which will be shared to agencies, organisations and businesses.
Executive Vice President of the Vietnam Post Le Quoc Anh said more than 23 million addresses have been collected, of which over 21 million have been verified through three rounds, with an accuracy rate hitting 98.7 percent.
The database is able to show direction to 21.02 million locations.
Building the digital address database is among key tasks in the e-Government development strategy in the 2021-25 period, with a view to 2030.
- Using digital technologies for freedom of expression
- Facebook building huge database of extremists’ HORRIFIC posts
- Digital Activism: "Dropping Knowledge" Launched in Berlin
- Digital eraser software aims to increase privacy
- British porn lovers’ sexual preferences to be ‘collected on national database’
- Lilly Grants to Address Ethical Concerns in a Digital World
- Duterte defies international community in state address
- Surveillance and human rights in the digital age
- Loose ends: digitalization could 'make the world a better place' or end everything
- EU expands consumer protection to digital 'smart tags'
- Too many students on the wrong side of the digital divide
- Europe Ponders Digitalization of Cultural Heritage
- New digital German ID cards arrive on November 1
- "Outlook Critical" is Building Communities to Solve Problems
- Kellogg running 2nd-annual digital food drive
- Google to build R&D facility and 'European cultural center' in France
- The Force Report wins two national journalism awards from ONA
- Each Of Us A Red Star In Between Bold Ribbons Of Blue
- ‘Hell No!’ That Is My Message to Those Who Would Divide Us
- More than just books: Libraries add maker spaces to create
MIC to build digital address database have 384 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.