According to the ministry’s report, 8,597 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,052 in Ho Chi Minh City, 2,179 in Binh Duong, 569 in Long An, 425 in Dong Nai, 298 in Khanh Hoa, 184 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 102 in Tay Ninh, 100 in Can Tho, 86 in Dong Thap, 82 in Ben Tre, 81 in Hanoi, 53 in Soc Trang, 50 in Vinh Long, 49 in Phu Yen, 41 in Hau Giang, 32 in Binh Thuan, 31 in Tra Vinh, 24 in Kien Giang, 21 in An Giang, 20 in Binh Phuoc, 16 in Binh Dinh, 15 in Dak Lak, 14 in Thua Thien-Hue, 11 in Quang Nam, eight in Thanh Hoa, seven in Hai Duong, seven in Kon Tum, six in Gia Lai, five in Quang Ngai, four in Lam Dong, four in Ha Giang, four in Quang Binh, three each in Quang Tri, Ninh Thuan, Ha Tinh, Nghe An, two in Dak Nong, and one each in Hung Yen, Thai Nguyen, and Bac Lieu 2.007. Among these new infections, 2,007 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Saturday, the city also recorded 4,180 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Sunday evening, 150,474 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 94,295 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 154,306 including 152,044 locally-transmitted cases.
On August 1, a total of 4,423 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 43,157.
Also on Saturday, a further 145 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 1,306.
The country has conducted over 6.20 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 620,611 people having received two doses.
- 'The expectations are high': Presenter Tom Williams FINALLY confirms I'm A Celebrity appearance - and reveals how a cheeky comment from Steve Irwin inspired him to sign up
- Avril Lavigne throws her support behind Justin Bieber after he confirms battle with Lyme disease as fellow sufferer claims more needs to be done after she was left 'fighting for her life'
- Justin Bieber heads to church with wife Hailey just hours after confirming that he has Lyme disease
- Vaper, 19, who was rushed to hospital with a high fever says using a Juul almost KILLED her - and doctors blame e-cigarettes for 'destroying her lung tissue'
- Formula feeding increases infants' infection, hospitalization rates: study
- 'We are so proud of you': Prince William praises 'heroic' Wales rugby team as they crash out of the World Cup with a narrow 16-19 loss to South Africa and miss out on the chance to take on England in the final
- Sara Gilbert enjoys Sunday fun with wife Linda Perry and son Rhodes after Roseanne spinoff greenlit
- 'We have been approached': Brian May confirms Queen are in talks to headline the Fire Fight Australia bushfire benefit in Sydney with singer Adam Lambert on vocals
- Samsung Galaxy S11 release date confirmed as smartphone maker announces 'Unpacked' event on February 11
- Mystery outbreak of pneumonia which has infected 59 people in China is still baffling scientists as officials rule out deadly SARS and bird flu
- New strain of coronavirus behind lung infections in China
- I'm not on meth! Justin Bieber lashes out at criticism of his appearance as he confirms battle with Lyme disease and 'chronic mono' following 'rough' couple of years
- A case suspected of pneumonia confirmed unrelated to coronavirus
- Florida Identifies 19 New Zika Cases, Including 6 Local Infections
- 'Everyone is catching it': Venezuelans fear the worst as Zika infections rise
- Health officials confirm first case of Mers virus in US
- Chinese Officials Rule Out SARS in Pneumonia Outbreak Infecting At Least 59 People
- Mystery Viral Infection in China Has Experts Baffled As SARS Ruled Out
- Confirmed Case Of Measles In Boston
- Hollyoaks spoilers: Jade Albright actress Kassius Nelson confirms her character will die from cancer
Additional 8,620 more Covid-19 infections confirmed on Sunday have 715 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.