V.League 1-2021's restart date is likely to be pushed back until February 2022 as the Vietnam Professional Football Company (VPF) rolls out concrete plans for the resumption of top-flight football in the country.
|V.League 1-2021 – Round 12 – Hoang Anh Gia Lai vs Becamex Binh Duong – Pleiku Stadium – May 2, 2021 Hoang Anh Gia Lai’s Nguyen Van Toan in action. (Photo: VPF)|
Specifically, on July 19, the VPF sent a dispatch and voting papers to its shareholders and 27 V.League 1 and First Division (V.League-2) clubs to collect their opinions on the projected plan to continue Vietnam's 2021 national professional football competitions.
Time fund conditions show that the August 23, 2021-February 1, 2022 period coincides with the national team's competition and health quarantine plans for participating in international matches and tournaments.
Given that fact, to ensure the goal of finalising the 2021 season once the pandemic is brought under control, the VPF has designed plans for the continued organisation of this year's domestic professional tournaments, expected to restart on November 20, 2021 with the rescheduled matches of Round 7 of the first phase of the National First Division Tournament, concluding on March 18, 2022 with the final of the Vietnamese National Cup.
With the aforementioned plans, the 2021 season will be extended to 2022, causing many difficulties for clubs and tournament organisers. In addition, some relevant legal regulations will have to be adjusted to suit the tournaments. However, the efforts to finalise the 2021 season will contribute to maintaining the system of professional football tournaments in the country, creating a competitive environment for players to maintain their professional capabilities, helping national teams have the strongest force to participate in international tournaments, and ensuring the benefits of all parties, from sponsors, clubs to the tournament organisers.
The deadline for feedback from clubs and shareholders is 00:00pm on July 23, 2021. On the basis of the opinions collected, the VPF will complete the projected plans and report them to the Vietnam Football Federation for consideration and a final decision.
The VPF's projected plans for the resumption of top-flight football in Vietnam:
2021 National First Division Tournament
– November 20, 2021: Begin with rescheduled matches of Round 7, first phase
– December 16, 2021: Conclusion of the first phase
– December 20, 2021-January 14, 2022: Second phase and conclusion of the tournament
LS V.League 1-2021:
– February 12, 2022: Begin with rescheduled matches of Round 13, first phase
– February 16, 2022-March 12, 2022: Second phase and conclusion of the tournament
2021 Vietnamese National Cup:
– January 17, 2022: Round of 16
– February 8, 2022: Quarterfinals
– March 15-18, 2022: Semifinals and final
Source: Nhan Dan
- Supercars pushes Gen3 rules back to 2022
- Quake-like FPS Wrath: Aeon of Ruin gets pushed into 2021
- Mick Potter to take charge of ambitious New York club with bold plans for 2021
- Coronavirus: 'Impossible' for Scottish League One and Two clubs to play behind closed doors
- Premier League restart plan faces 'most crucial week so far' - Sunday Supplement
- World Cup 2022: FIFA says 48-team tournament 'feasible'
- Broncos' Brodie Croft nearly falls victim to biosecurity rules on NRL resumption
- New Premier League division of B teams proposed by FA commission
- The Apple AR glasses might be launching as soon as 2021
- Six Nations, SANZAAR in talks over global rugby calendar proposals
- Premier League Resumption Likely to Be in ‘Mid-June’, British Culture Secretary Says
- Rumour Has It: Real Madrid want Mbappe and Haaland in 2021, Juve join Man Utd in Jimenez race
- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban pushes for all 30 teams to return to play, wants tourney for last two playoff spots
- Premier League: Gary Neville has no fears over player fitness and calls for a June 19 restart
- English Premier League to restart on June 17: report
- Football League shakeup proposes four divisions and eight extra teams
- No resumption of international hockey anytime soon
- Premier League: British government eyes mid-June return
- NHL Players’ Association Expected To Vote On 24-Team Playoff Proposal As Return To Play Format
- Fairfax Supervisors Vote Remotely To Adopt FY 2021 Budget
VPF proposes pushing back V.League 1-2021 resumption until February 2022 have 617 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.