The index followed an upward trend throughout the day, rising nearly 23 points. It has gained 4 percent since its previous bottom on July 19.
Trading value on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), on which the index is based, gained 6 percent to VND17 trillion ($739.3 million). The bourse saw 308 tickers gain and 79 lose.
The VN30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, saw 29 tickers gaining and one unchanged, led by KDH of real estate firm Khang Dien House with a 7 percent increase.
FPT of IT giant FPT Corporation rose 3.2 percent to a near two-week high, while VRE of retail real estate arm Vincom Retail gained 2.9 percent.
VHM of real estate giant Vinhomes rose 2.8 percent, its third gaining session in a row.
Other notable gainers include GAS of state-owned Petrovietnam Gas and TPB of private TPBank, both up 2.3, and PNJ of Phu Nhuan Jewelry, up 2.1 percent.
Foreign investors were net sellers for the fourth straight session to the tune of VND508 billion, with strongest pressure on VIC of biggest private conglomerate Vingroup and KDH.
The HNX-Index for stocks on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, home to mid and small caps, rose 1.72 percent while the UPCoM-Index for the Unlisted Public Companies Market added 1.51 percent.
- VN-Index driven by large-caps' earnings reports
- VN-index ends up lower as correcting pressure rises
- VN-Index fails to hit 1,000 points as selling increases
- Selloff triggers VN-Index plunge
- VN30 stocks spur VN-Index
- Large-caps gain, narrowing VN-Index’s fall
- Blue-chip stocks behind VN-Index decline
- Toronto Police identify victim of Saturday shooting near High Park
- VN stocks step down on lack of support
- VN stocks slip on disappointing earnings, global news
- Large-caps buoy VN shares amid disappointing earnings
- VN stocks up, Vietcombank shares hit new high
- VN stocks up, BIDV shares advance on dividend payouts
- Man shot near gas station in Abbotsford
- India slips to 42nd place on EIU Democracy Index; US at 21
- San Jose: Authorities ID man shot to death near SJSU
- Police Fatally Shoot Brooklyn Man After He Critically Injures an Officer, Officials Say
- Officer Kills Man in the Bronx; 2nd Deadly Police Shooting in 3 Days
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 23
- VN stocks lifted by banks
VN-Index shoots up nearly 23 points have 335 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.