HCM CITY — HCM City authorities have confirmed that they have agreed to VinGroup’s request to "borrow" 5,000 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to give to their staff who are involved in the COVID-19 fight in the city.
Dương Anh Đức, Vice Chairman of HCM City People's Committee, explained the reasoning for the permission to the press in Sunday briefing that since the outbreaks began, the private conglomerate has mobilised a huge amount of human resources to assist the city's authorities to battle the virus and that it is also one of the larger donors to Việt Nam's COVID-19 response in general.
Đức said the group has donated VNĐ160 billion (US$6.96 million) and made a financial commitment equal to the value of four million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to the National COVID-19 Vaccine Fund. They have also provided 2,000 advanced ventilators that are in critical need as cases are rising in HCM City, the country's current epicentre.
He remarked that the supporting units from VinGroup are actually qualified to get early vaccination but "due to conditions in HCM City, the group wants 5,000 doses in advance to urgently administer to its employees supporting the city in logistics and testing roles."
The city is conducting another mass inoculation drive for its population with nearly 1 million doses of vaccine, for priority groups including people over 65 years old, economically challenged groups, and medical forces.
Vingroup has also deployed medical units to help the city with PCR testing using biological products, machinery and equipment from its Vinmec Hospital chain.
"The city has allowed the group to borrow COVID-19 vaccine to help inoculate these units. We consider this reasonable and helpful to the city's fight against COVID-19," Anh Đức said.
The city official noted the authorities could also consider requests from other entities who provide critical COVID-19 support for the city, depending on the availability of the vaccine supply for HCM City. — VNS
- Davis: Here Are Several Reasons You May Be Denied A Home Loan
- One big reason we lack Internet competition: Starting an ISP is
- Saturday night fever! Newcastle nightclub asks clubbers to send in their best before and after MUMPS photos for a chance to win £100 after outbreak sweeps the city
- Deadly coronavirus 'could ALREADY be in Britain': Heathrow passengers from Wuhan are placed in isolation as death toll soars to 17 and China prepares to ban ANYONE from leaving city of 11m
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JAN. 23
- Houses continue to remain out of foreigners’ reach
- PM asks for sufficient supply of goods for Tết
- New MD Laws Take Effect Oct. 1: Tobacco Age Up, Jury Duty Change
- The Storming of Area 51: A Covert Journey to the Heart of America’s Worst-Kept Secret
- Decent homes for all… Has the social housing dream died?
- Why China is challenging Australia for influence over the Pacific Islands
- The Miracle Cure Gwyneth Paltrow Accidentally Got Right
- Read an exclusive excerpt of Cassandra Clare's
- FMIA: Patrick Mahomes Is ‘The Whole Package,’ Running Chiefs Into Super Bowl LIV To Meet 49ers
- Davis: What You Need To Know About Getting A Mortgage In Today's Environment
- Buying A Home, Davis? What Else Besides Your Income Matters?
- Buying A Home, Dixon? What Else Besides Your Income Matters?
- Nagraj Manjule to kick off his Hindi debut directorial, Jhund, with Amitabh Bachchan in November
- 150+ Classic Jokes About New York and Los Angeles
- Paralympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle
VinGroup's request to "borrow" 5,000 vaccine doses "reasonable": HCM City have 592 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.