Three Vietnamese projects were among the top five to win the "Impactful Social Innovative Concepts" awards in the Social Business Creation 2021 competition.
Social Business Creation 2021 is a global competition to promote social business creation organised by HEC Montreal Canada, a public Canadian business school, and professor Muhammad Yunus, who won a Nobel Peace prize in 2006.
Among Viet Nam's three projects, International University in HCM City had two projects, including one on herb-based pesticides for green agriculture and the other on a website platform using artificial intelligence (AI) to detect Alzheimer's disease.
The project Nanoneem, which protects neem forests while assisting local people, was led by Dr. Duong Nguyen Hong Nhung, lecturer from the International University’s School of Biotechnology, along with the school’s students and others from the Foreign Trade University in Ha Noi.
Brain Analytics is a website platform using artificial intelligence (AI) to detect Alzheimer's disease. The project is run by a group of students from the International University's School of Biomedicine under the guidance of Dr. Ha Thi Thanh Huong, head of the department of regenerative medicine at the school.
The third award went to Cereal Straws of Vinastraw, a manufacturer of biodegradable drinking straws, whose representative is Do Thi Huong Thao, along with 10 students from universities in Ha Noi. The project makes eco-friendly products from common materials found in the country.
Among the top five projects, the other two were from Mexico and Argentina. — VNS
- Record breaker Tùng Dương wins big at music awards
- Hyundai announces 2nd edition of innovation CSR program
- Singularity University Announces Winners of the First APAC Global Impact Challenge, Organized and Hosted in Partnership with Taiwan Tech Arena
- Vietnamese architecture firm wins int'l prizes
- Golden Globe Award given to honor young scientists’ achievement
- Designed for life: Circular mansion and mind-boggling split-level flats are among the innovative award-winning properties being built in the UK now
- Vsmart honoured as best Vietnamese phone brand at Tech Awards 2020
- Crestron Wins 2018 Microsoft Global IoT Partner of the Year Award
- Bega Cheese's Zack Chisholm named ‘APAC CIO of the Year’ at 2020 Infor Customer Excellence Award
- Gamuda Land wins Best Housing Development in Vietnam at VPA 2019
- Subhadra Sen Gupta on writing complex concepts in simple stories
- The story behind the Solar Village Project Solar Initiative in Tamil Nadu's Irumbai
- How AR, VR and GFX have completely transformed award ceremonies on virtual platforms
- 'She assaulted and battered them': Attorney for black Grammy winning musician demands Manhattan DA prosecute 'SoHo Karen' who falsely accused his son, 14, of stealing her iPhone
- The 2021 Movie Awards Season Outlook: Weird-Case Scenarios Will Sweep All Categories
- Driving down plastic pollution: Ingenious device that captures microplastic particles shed by car tyres wins James Dyson Award
- Prudence Foundation launches awards to find life-saving technologies for disaster resilience
- 'SoHo Karen' lunges at black son, 14, of Grammy winning jazz musician and falsely accuses him of stealing her iPhone in NYC hotel - moments before it's handed to her by an Uber driver
- Nestle Vietnam honoured with Vietnam Environment Awards
- The Innovation of LikeLib 2.0 Redefines Public Chain Technology
Vietnamese projects win three “Impactful Social Innovative Concepts” awards have 532 words, post on bizhub.vn at July 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.